What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/31/2005 (1 Viewer)

JackKay

Second Unit
Thanks again Mike.

Just a quick update. I just picked up the James Dean Collection at my local Costco (Seattle)for $46.99, item # 908519.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike and Patrick.

Picked-up Parent Trap for the kids at my local Wal-Mart (Murrieta, CA) for $12.23. Considering a blind-buy on Saints & Soldiers - on sale for $15.xx at Wal-Mart (regularly priced at $16.xx). Unfortunately had to pass on the Steve McQueen Collection at $50.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Can anyone confirm the $32.99 Moonlighting price at Circuit City? I did not make it over there yet, but I do not see it in this week's circular and their web site has it listed for $39.99. Thanks!

Also, for you fellow 'price matchers' out there, I picked up the Complete James Dean Collection at Sam's Club today for $46.32. They also had the Essential Steve McQueen Collection for the same price.

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
Just went by Circuit City and it sure ain't no 32.99. 39.99 at my store. Of course, they didn't have ANY fliers around because they threw them out "because they expired yesterday".

"Even the stuff that comes out today?!"
".....yes."

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That's one way to protect the bottom line...offer loss leader pricing without actually selling the product, then charge full list when it's finally on the shelf. :rolleyes

Why isn't Circuit City bankrupt and closed yet?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
My Target store has a boxed set in the New Release section called WW2: The Complete History. I didn't really look too closely at it, but is anyone familiar with this set? My dad's a WW2 buff and this would be a great Father's Day gift!

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
It sounds like I lucked out, since when CC refused to sell me one last week, the manager gave me a raincheck "just in case" for when it did go on sale. I'll know when I go get it later.

Edit - I went to get them this evening, and there were none on the floor, and the space for them was empty. The clerk I asked went to the back room, and got them out for me. The cashier said it rang up $39.99, and I showed the rain check/flyer from last week, and it got marked down.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit

I think the price was the same at my store. No WB Steve McQueen set, although I assume they will have it at some point as it's advertised in their summer coupon book. I noticed the Brando and Cooper sets for $16 and change each, if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the continued hard work Mike and Patrick.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone in the Atlanta area spotted the James Dean and Essential McQueen sets at any Sam's Club stores; and if so, which ones? I've only been to one (near the Mall of Georgia), but they didn't have either set.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I was shocked to find Moonlighting at my local Wal-Mart last night for just $29.99. My local WM isn't a very high traffic store and usually isn't very competitive, even against other Wal-Marts. Does anyone know what Sam's is selling it for?

BTW - for anyone interested in the early Herbie movies, Wal-Mart has a new display with them as a tie-in to the new Lindsay Lohan version. Each of the "classic" Herbies is around $13 and includes a movie ticket to the new one.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Scott,

The Sam's Club on Clairmont Road in Atlanta had the James Dean set for $42.XX. No sign of the Steve McQueen set.

Jay

Jay*W

Second Unit
Scott: You are quite welcome. Glad I could help!

Patrick: The Moonlighting set was $32.XX at Sam's on Clairmont Road. It's $30.99 at Costco in Dunwoody.

No sign of the WB Steve McQueen set at the Dunwoody Costco either.

Jay

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Great catch, Patrick! I just picked up a copy for $29.96 at the antiquated Walmart near my home. This appears to be their EDLP, too, since there was no sale sign, just the normal shelf-sticker with the price on it. I hate shopping at this tired old store, but for a $10 savings, I will.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Thanks Jay. I found out after I picked up my set that I needed to get a second set for a gift. If Sam's was cheaper (like they usually are) I was going to go there, but it looks like I'm headed back to Wal-Mart.

Gary - yeah, I still can't believe it. The first time in forever that I haven't had to have them price match a new release.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Last time Costco had a WB coupon, they re-stocked all their WB sets in massive numbers right before the coupon took effect. (This was the same Costco that Marc F. goes to. :) )

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
I didn't want to wait for the McQueen set to show up at Costco, so I bought it at Best Buy for $49.99. A pretty good price, plus I'll get a $10 gift card through my home service contractor (a joint deal with BB) and the RZ points.

Aaron,
I'm sure I'll find some other sets to buy when Costco does have their sale. No problem there.:)

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Correct - which is why I opted out of purchasing the box set (even though I had a $5 off coupon from a Herbie appearance I attended). I stuck with only the original "Love Bug". I'm still curious as to why Disney released a box set of four films with half of them OAR and half of them MAR. Very strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks