What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/24/2005 (1 Viewer)

BrandonJF

Second Unit

Yeah. Their POS system pops up a message stating that it's not available for sale until 5/31/05. The cashier just apologetically told me that he couldn't sell it to me. I knew their system had the correct street date, so I just said "ok". I do wonder if there is a workaround if someone more aggresive than myself pointed out it was in the ad, they drove all the way to the store specifically for it, and demanded to have it.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
A question about CC. Their ad on Sunday said it was good Sunday 22nd through Today the 25th. Will there be a Memorial day mid week "Weekly Roundup" at least as far as CC is concerned?

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
My CC wouldn't sell Moonlighting to me, either.

The cashier scanned it, and she seemed confused. She looked in the ad and saw it was in it. Then, she tried to find a way to override it, and called over a manager to help her. They got stuck, and then when they brought a person from that department over, they looked up some note and figured out that it was actually out next week. The manager initialled the flyer, gave it to me, and told me if it was not on sale next week, he would honor the price for me.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Stopped by Circuit City last night and at the door there were new Memorial Day weekend sale ads, grabbed one and found some good dvd prices:

$12.99:

The Incredibles
Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events
Ocean's Twelve
Sideways
Napoleon Dynamite

(Still) $14.99:

The Aviator

I picked up The Incredibles and Lemony Snicket, also snagged The Aviator and remembered reading somewhere that CC had been giving away copies of The Outlaw along with it, so asked about that promo at the CS counter and they brought one out of the back for me (it's the cheapest of cheap Platinum Disc edition, but hey, it's free and it's 19-year-old Jane Russell ;) ). Might be worth your time to ask about it, too, if you're thinking about buying The Aviator at CC.

Edit: P.S. -- my copy of Lemony Snicket was also one of those with the CC 'exclusive bonus disc,' so if you're buying it look for a copy with the triangular sticker with identifying text in the lower left corner to get this extra (the disc itself is actually in a sleeve inside the keepcase, not shrinkwrapped to the outside as with Best Buy bonuses of this type), may find some left at your local CC.

Users who are viewing this thread