What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/24/2005 (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Drums Along the Mohawk, Newsradio, and Batman TAS set #3 for me this week. For anyone interested in such things, Costco is selling 2-packs of the new Fox Westerns for something like $13-$14. "Drums Along the Mohawk" is paired off with "The Bravados". I can't remember the other pairings right now.

...and yeah, I know "Drums Along the Mohawk" isn't a western... :)

addendum: Oops, I missed Scott's post. If I see the other pairings, I will post them tomorrow. Scott - I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you were at one of the Livonia Costcos recently. :)

Regards,

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Mike and Patrick, great work as always. Thanks for the updates. Re: Moonlighting, I do not not see it in the Target circular locally. Rather it is in the Circuit City flyer for $32.99. Was there yet another last-minute change for this release?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Gary: Now that you mention it, I think you are right--it WAS the CC flyer. I'm at work now, or I'd double check. I wish CC & Target didn't use the same red color in their advertising. [vinnie barbarino]I am soooo confused!!![/vinnie barbarino]

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Does anyone have any info on the $3 coupons for this week's 2 Disc SE's: Day After Tomorrow, I, Robot, and Man on Fire?

Is there a coupon in each DVD that applies to the others? I'm surprised that one hasn't popped-up online yet (if they even exist)?

My wife is doing the DVD shopping tomorrow and the following conversation will not go over well at all:

"Honey, would you please go buy DAT, open the DAT case, take out the $3 coupon, use it to buy IR, open the IR case, take out the $3 coupon, and use it to buy MOF. See how easy it will be for you."

So, please help if you have any coupon info.

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, yes each movie has the same $3 off coupon. The coupon is good for any one of the 3 movies. So you have to do what you described, buy one at a time.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

My local CC even had it on the shelf, but they wouldn't sell it. It was a nice surprise... until he took it away from me. :frowning:

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Warner Bros springs for a 2-disc release of Aviator with a fancy cover yet they don't include an insert??? A minor let down for me...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

This deal appears to be available via their online store, too. I just got my shipping notice for The Aviator and Batman: TAS Volume 3, and it included The Outlaw on the shipping notice. I didn't even add that title to my order, either.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Selected pricing from my local Wal-Mart (Murrieta, CA):

Airwolf: Season 1 $29.84
Andy Griffith Show: Season 2 $29.96
Are We There Yet? $14.87
The Aviator $14.87
Baa Baa Black Sheep: Vol. 1 $27.90
Batman: Anim. Series – Vol. 3 $32.54
Batman: Training for Power – S1 V1 $9.44
Big Black Comedy: Volume 2 $13.72
Chappelle’s Show: S2 Uncensored $19.87
Day After Tomorrow (2-D SE) $16.98
Everybody Loves Raymond Finale $4.73
Fat Actress: Season 1 $23.63
Godfather 2 $12.23
Godfather 3 $12.23
I, Robot (2-D SE) $16.98
M*A*S*H: Season 8 $29.96
Man on Fire (2-D SE) $16.98
NewsRadio: Seasons 1 & 2 $28.38
Pooh’s Heffalump Movie $16.85
Samurai Jack: Season 2 $23.63
Speed Racer: Volume 3 $14.28
Spin $14.66

So far I've picked-up Are We There Yet and Aviator. My wife is checking another Wal-Mart this afternoon for this week's 2 Disc SE's (hoping for a price of $13.98 on each).

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
To anybody that bought it already, does Aviator have a slip cover?

Jeff good prices on the 2 disc, I just got back from my Walmart by work and they were priced at 19 bucks.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ I was in BB this afternoon and none of The Aviator's on the shelf had slipcovers.

And for those who care, BB has Superfriends V2 for $21.99...I checked the CC flyer and couldn't find it in there, so you can't do a price match. :frowning:

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Anyone find a WS Aviator with bonus disc at Walmart? The Walmart I stopped at only had the bonus disc w/ Fullscreen.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

None of the Best Buys I've ever been to require that the product is advertised in a flyer or weekly ad to price match. They typically call the store to confirm the price I tell them, unless the policy has changed recently.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I just opened up my The Batman : Training for Power DVD and there was a movie ticket inside good for any movie up to $6.50. I had no idea that was going to be in there. I didn't see any mention of it on the outside packaging.

I was originally moaning that WB only put 3 episodes on here, but that's not a bad deal. I'll be going to the movies this week anyway, so this DVD essentially cost me about $3.50.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Back to the time I worked there, the customer was always required to bring in a flyer with the advertised price. I would never have called another store to check out a price if only because I was usually the only one working.

As many times as I've done a price match with BB, I've never had them call any store. They take my ad and that's it.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

I live in Orlando, Fl. and I've rarely brought in the ad when price matching in the 12-13 or so years Best Buy has been in this area. Even when I do have an ad, they still call the competing store anyway to confirm it's in-stock.

I don't know if they still do this, but they were gathering the competitor's prices themselves and already had most of the competing prices confirmed for awhile. If they didn't, they would call (they always have the local competitor's phone numbers handy at the customer service counter). Sometimes, they just don't feel like calling and give whatever price I tell them, but that's rare.

You're right, though - their policy does state that the customer needs to bring something in. They've just never turned me away because I didn't have one. I think the main reason is that they are supposed to call anyway to check availability so it's no big deal to ask how much it is while they are on the phone. They actually didn't price match one DVD for me because Target only had the full frame version in-stock and I was buying the widescreen one.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
RE: Moonlighting

Wow - did they take it back from you as they were ringing it up? I saw it on the shelf at my CC too, but I didn't try to buy it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

My W-M had some last night. I didn't buy one. Not that interested in Aviator. But I noticed they had the bonus disc with some WS copies. Mostly with FS copies though.

The only disc I was looking for--Drums Along the Mohawk--was nowhere to be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks