What's new

Weekly Roundup 5/20 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
if anyone is wondering, i thought that milo's return was awful.
strictly for very young children.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I should've pre-ordered The Love Bug, dagnabbit. I'm really disappointed that none of the major brick and mortar retailers seem to have it listed. It just doesn't make sense to me. :thumbsdown:

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up Dances with Wolves (plus Bull Durham, if in stock) and Frasier. Very tempted by Miller's Crossing

Besides the Costner deal, Media Play is also advertising "buy Season 4 of Sex and the City for $39.99,
get Season 1, 2, or 3 for $14.99.

MP also lists the following titles as 2 for $22: Rocky, Mannequin, UHF, Patton, The Andromeda Strain, The Great Escape, Hoosiers, Journey To the Center of the Earth, A River Runs Through It, How High, Boondock Saints, Belly, Predator, Requiem For a Dream, Made, National Lampoon's Vacation, The Ref, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, A Few Good Men, The Doors, A Bronx Tale, Excalibur, Meet the Parents, Multiplicity, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, and Analyze This.

Dave, count me among the many who value your efforts every single week.

Jon

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Jon.

A last-minute update thsi morning from my spies at Target:

Cheers and Frasier will be $29.99 each, while Antwone Fisher and Atlantis: Milo's return will both ring in at $15.99.

That makes Target the preferable place to get 20,000 Leagues if you are also getting Atlantis, so you can save the $4 on the combo deal (coupon on box, if you recall an earlier post).

My thanks to the spies! :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well it looks like I'm going to have to wait until The Rescuers has its first price drop. How disappointing that there isn't a typical "Disney promo push" for what I consider to be a good catalog title.

I will be getting Nemesis though, because I'm a nerd. :)

Thanks David!

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Dave for all the work you put into researching and posting The Weekly Roundup.

Local Wal-Mart (Corona, California) has great pricing on this week's releases. I picked-up the following this morning:

25th Hour ~ $13.88
Adaptation ~ $13.88
Dances With Wolves: SE ~ $13.88
20,000 Leagues ~ $13.88
Atlantis 2: Milo's Return ~ $13.88

I saved another $4.00 on the combined purchase of 20,000 Leagues & Atlantis 2 by using the attached sticker coupon.

Wal-Mart also had Antwone Fisher for $13.88 and Windtalkers: Director's Edition for $22.88.

I didn't see Love Bug, ST: Nemesis, or S&TC Season 4.

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
Neither my local Wal-Mart, Best Buy or Target had "The Rescuers." (BB and Target are across the street from each other.) Has it been delayed?

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
No Love Bugs found. I searched Target, Best Buy and Wal-Mart. I've been anticipating this title for months.

I also didn't see The Rescuers anywhere.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
No Rescuers at Wally world, Target, or CC.

I intend to look at BB later this week but its a 30minute trip (one way) so I couldn't do it today.

Greg

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up Star Trek: Nemesis at Circuit City, Miller's Crossing, Adaptation, and Farscape 3.2 at Best Buy, and Dances with Wolves at Target.

Thanks Dave!

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I was at walmart, costco, and bestbuy. I did not see the rescuers or the love bug. I did order them for free as part of the disney movie club enrollment, but I will have to wait for thier shipping.

At walmart I picked up Cheers and Frasier for $29.96 each than at costco I got Barton Fink and Millers Crossing for $12.99 each. After that It was on to Bestbuy for DWW for $15.99 and Some Sex in the city for $29.99 both with target pric match.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Odd about The Rescuers, especially at Wally World - they usually stock up on the Disney releases.

I don't think it's delayed - DVD Empire shows it in stock.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Picked up Mosquito Squadron, The Blue Max, The Desert Fox, Battle of Britain, Sink the Bismarck, 20,000 Leagues & Nemesis at Best Buy during lunch. No sign of Love Bug or Rescuers. Target didn't have them either.

Chris Baucom

Stunt Coordinator
Local Wal-Mart (Corona, California) has great pricing on this week's releases. I picked-up the following this morning: ........Dances with Wolves:SE ~ $13.88.......
OK, I'm new to this part of the forum, so a stupid question. Does Wal-mart do pricing by locality? DWW:SE is just over $21 here at my store.

Drats. I was getting all excited, too........:wink:

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah Wal-Mart prices matches with the local stores like Target, CC, Best Buy, ect. so it will be different in every store. My store had Star Trek for $15.88. I think $21 is the normal price.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Circuit City was very nice about price-matching the few titles that Target & BB beat them on: Sex & City 4, Adaptation, and Dances w/Wolves.

They even took an extra percentage off each price-matched title!

Final receipt:

Antwone Fisher $15.99
25th Hour $15.99
Star Trek: Nemesis $15.99
Adaptation $16.69
Dances w/ Wolves $15.59
Sex & City $29.49

Saves me two extra trips and lots of time!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
FYI-

Costco here in SF Bay Area has Star Trek Nemesis for $17.79 and mail in rebate for $4.00, bringing it down to $13.79.

Costco did have 20,000 Leagues for $17.49, but did not have Love Bug.

But Frasier seems higher here then from earlier post for Frasier at Costco. It's $32.99 here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks