What's new

Weekly Roundup 5/20 (1 Viewer)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
For those heading to Best Buy on Tuesday, you might consider waiting until Friday for the Preferred Customer Weekend.

Also, anyone know what the Low Price at Target will be for Atlantis 2?

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Dave-

You've heard my applause for the Roundup more than once, so no need to reply. Just wondering if it's appropriate for me to ask for donations from other Roundup'ers. This is a week where I've got to choose between food and DVDs.

(BTW, food loses!!)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks as always Dave! I couldn't save money without you! Also kudos to Target who is slowly becoming my place to shop for DVDs.

Finally a week to be excited about:
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
The Love Bug (hopefully)
Adaptation
Dances w/ Wolves SE

Chris S.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
A number of titles to get, but sadly will not be buying for a while, as I have other needs to take care of. Thanks anyway, Dave.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
for those that have a coconuts....

all 14.99 after $5 mail in rebate.

NEMESIS
COMEDIAN +free extra dvd, in stores now
ANALYZE THAT in stores now
25TH HOUR
ANTWONE FISHER
CHILDREN OF DUNE
ADAPTION

also sex and the city season 4 $29.99 after $10 rebate

BEATLES ANTHOLOGY 39.99 after $10 mail in rebate.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Thanks again. I'll be holding off on Star Trek: Nemesis though until the SCE/DE comes out sometime in the future, after the SCE/DE of Insurrection hits the streets.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Dave, I think you're pretty much on the money about The Rescuers and The Love Bug. They ARE supposed to be coming out this week, but Disney has really downplayed their releases, unfortunately.

20,000 Leagues and Atlantis: Milo's Return were officially announced far in advance and the info for retailers was available early on. On the other hand, The Rescuers and The Love Bug didn't show up ANYWHERE to pre-order until a few weeks ago. And they're STILL not available to pre-order at some stores.

They should be among the stock shipped to retailers on Tuesday, but the way Disney's done near-nothing promotion on them, who knows how many copies stores will get?

It's really kind of sad that Disney would do something right (VERY RIGHT) and give Love Bug a 2-Disc Set, widescreen, commentary, the works...and then just completely downplay the release. I've gotten several e-mails asking if they truly are coming to DVD this week, because of the no-shows online and in circulars. That's an awful way to promote a title that time, money, and effort went into.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Man, not only is it going to be an expensive week for me, it's going to be time-consuming. In addition to some titles I have coming by mail, I'll heading to BB for The Unforgiven, Wal-Mart for hopefully a decent price on The Rescuers, Sam's for 20,000 Leagues, CC for 25th Hour, and Target for Dances With Wolves. Whew!!

At any rate, thanks Dave for all your work on TWR. On a week like this it's especially appreciated!

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
I also am unable to find website listings for Farscape 3.2 at either Best Buy or Circuit City...although they both show Farscape 3.3 for it's 7/1 release ($24.99 and $34.99, respectively).
Just to let you know about the new Farscape DVD over at best buy. Ever since ADV started doing the optional single disc releases along-side the 2-disc sets their computer system has been messed up. It's been just as bad for Andromeda (for those of you who buy that series too). One bad thing about best buy is that over the past year they've slowly raised their prices on these two titles. Last year a 2-disc set for Farscape or Andromeda would have been $22.99 but now they're more like $27.99 and for me that's getting a bit too pricey to warent using best buy. Here's a link for the new Farscape 3.2 in their system which is also priced at $27.99

Farscape 3.2 @ BestBuy

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Luke. At least we know what the score is, even if we are being shut out in the middle of the 8th inning...

Alex, thanks for your help, too. Glad to know what the deal is with that as well!

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Are you givin' Miller's Crossing the high hat?! What's the rumpus? :wink:

Seriously, that is one great movie. You really are missing out.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
With respect to the 'markdowns' section: The Thin Red Line has been $9.95 at Target for quite a while. I can't think of a better value for ten bucks...

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
If any of you are planning on getting Disney's latest cheapquel, Atlantis: Milo's Return and the special edition 20k Leagues Under the Sea, do it in the same transaction and you can save $4 instantly with an on-the-box coupon, according to Disney's official site.
Looks like I'll miss out on this offer as I pre-ordered "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" & got it in this mornings mail. Will still p/u Atlantis II:Milos Return.

Joe

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I checked on these disney titles at the disney store and they said they are only getting milo's return. Not the other three! :thumbsdown:

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Atlantis II has gotten a big promotional push with ads airing during kids programming AND prime time. Strange that some stores might not be carrying it tomorrow.

As for Love Bug and 20,000 Leagues - I've waited a long time for these and I'm going to be very disappointed if I can't find them tomorrow morning. I'd hate to wait longer.

It looks like it's customer appreciation weekend at Best Buy for the 4-day memorial day weekend. I got three 10% off coupons in the mail today, each for up to 5 titles. I could wait until the weekend and buy 20,000 and Bug then, but as I said, I really can't wait anymore - and it's only four dollars. Looks like I won't be using any coupons this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks