Weekly RoundUp 5-20-2008 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I've noticed much of what's in my cart at amazon
goes up and down like watching the stock market.

I have carlitos way in there and I promise you
it goes up and down every single day.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock

Thanks, Mike! Ben 10, Pokemon, and sometimes still Scooby is what we're into now. Nothing against Dora, but I'm glad those years are over. :)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting the National Treasure BD 2-pack, The Muppet Show and Bullshit! (which Amazon was selling for $19 yesterday).

Jay*W

Second Unit

Len,

Word is that the Costco price is $27.99, but I have not verified personally.

Jay

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I've been thinking about that ever since I typed it, Aaron...because 2 BDs seems like overkill for that presentation. I got the "2-disc" from amazon (not always known for their accuracy on specs). And, I have been unable to confirm that anywhere else.

Hopefully, you and I will know soon.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yeah, I found that out after I posted. It was originally scheduled for today. That explains why you didn't have it in the grid. I thought you might have had some personal vendetta against Jerry Seinfeld or something. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
[soup nazi] No Seinfeld for YOU!!! [/soup nazi] :laugh:

==================

Oh, the vagaries of Mike's selection process for the RoundUp! :D No Bob the Builder, no Baby Einstein, no Seinfeld... ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's a rare thread bump to a year-and-a-half old RoundUp. I was a little surprised to be reminded we still had HD-DVD listings and Circuit City ads that recently.

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

BTW, I'd like to put in a plug for the release of Stephen Sondheim's "Company" which comes out this week. It aired on "Great Performances" on PBS a couple of months ago and is fantastic. It was done during the 2007 Broadway revival of the show. Some of you may have seen the original cast of Company in DA Pennebaker's 1970 documentary on the recording of the original cast album (Elaine Stritch, Dean Jones, Beth Howland, Charles Kimbrough, Barbara Barrie, et al--including Sondheim).

Anyway, this new version...headed up by Raul Esparza...is a terrific staging (most of the actors play musical instruments during the production!) and it looked and sounded great when aired on PBS HD.
The whole reason for this rather odd bump is that this disc...listed for $20 to $25 upon release is currently selling for $11.99 @ amazon if there's anyone who didn't get it early on.

I know some people are put off by the actors-playing-musical-instruments staging. I rather enjoy it. It's a lot of fun and it's a disc that looks and sounds terrific. GREAT deal!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I noticed that deal. I don't really care for the actors-playing-instruments schtick, but this is still a pretty good performance.

However, be warned that the BD has NO SUBTITLES!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Given the limited number of options of Broadway musicals finding their way onto disc...this is a great way for someone to get a little Sondheim into their collection...and with high quality audio & video, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks