What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/18/04 (1 Viewer)

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Looks like it will be the Miracle's combo at BB for me this week and Monster's Inc at Target. Voyager Season 2 is already on its way. :D

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Awesome week! Best Buy has good deals on the Warner 2-discers. I'll be picking up Around the World In 80 Days for sure and probably Enter the Dragon, too. The West Wing season 2 is a definite purchase (when I have more money though). Miracle is a rental to see if I like it!

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
My experience with Sam's Club is much like Gary's. I have followed up on tips posted here and never found the same deal at my local store. After so many wasted trips, I don't bother to check them out any more. Their selection is not that great and the prices are usually higher than BB, CC, and Wal-Mart (all nearby).

Keith M.

Second Unit
Nobody is interested in The Day After or Angel Heart:SE ?

Are these poor transfers or just below the radar?

This week is a killer...

Disney tins
Around the World in 80 Days
Samurai Collection
Great Escape:SE
GBU: SE
Wyatt Earp:SE
Day After
Angel Heart:SE

ouch!:D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Keith:

I'd be very interested in seeing The Day After (I watched it when it originally aired). But my budget's already busting with Disney tins and WB SEs! :D

...not to mention some other recent major DVD purchases. For gosh' sake...some of these things have already had to be put away for Father's Day...and even Christmas!

Damn...I'm even tempted by the Wyatt Earp SE. That would be a blind buy for me, too. I had the Vista Series Tombstone DVD in my hand this weekend (another would-be blind buy). Target had it for just $14.99. Seemed reasonable.

Too many DVDs...so little time & money!

Okay gang! I am seriously leaning away from any more Sam's Club prices! Any more input?!

TonyE

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the roundup, as usual it is always helpful.

I think I will get the GBU and The Great Escape deal at BB.

I just watched the GBU for the first time last week. I normally don't care too much for westerns, but man, was this a good movie. The camera work, the story, the actors, and the action were so good. This movie could have came out in 2004 for the first time and would still feel like a modern movie. I read (after I saw the movie) that Quentin Tarantino thinks this was the best directed movie ever made, and after seeing this I can see where Tarantino got some of his style from. This is without a doubt the best western I have ever seen, and is one fun movie. Now I can't wait to watch Once Upon A Time In the West for the first time.

I will also be watching The Great Escape for the first time as well.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Just going to pick up Invander Zim from last week (too much money going for it at Virgin Megastore) and Disney at War. Want to get Smallville, Enter the Dragon, and other treasure releases later.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I have:

Angel Heart SE pre-order DDD
Disney treasures X4 From Amazon with STL
Good-Bad-Ugly and Wyatt Earp pre-ordered as CH fullfilments

I will be going to Best Buy for:
Enter the Dragon
Around the World in 80 days
Miracle 2 pack
and Speed Racer with CC price match

A trip to Costco will be in order for:
Smallville season 2 and more Disney Treasures for gifts for Mom.

Sex and the City I will hold off on although Frys has it listed for $28 and change, so who knows when I get to the store. Good thing I just got a pay raise. Randy B A

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
TV on DVD is killing me...Here goes
Farscape 4.4
Prime Suspect 6
Sex in the City 6.1
Smallville 2
Speed Racer 2
Star Trek Voyager 2
West Wing 2
The Walt Disney tins
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
The Great Escape
Wyatt Earp
Paycheck
I'm going to be so broke I may have to live off my own plaque.

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
That Great Escape Deal has tempted me, think I will get that and the masterpiece that is GBU at Best Buy.

Is Mircale worth a blind buy?

Chris

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Anyone know what the SITC price is at fye after rebate? fye.com says $34.99 which make it $27.99 after rebate but not sure if the web site and stores will have the same price...

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know what price the new wave of Disney tins are at the Disney Store? In the past they've been the lowest price, but wanted to make sure before the preorder deals vanish.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Whew! Got all four Treasures at Best Buy.....they rang up $24.99 each, plus I had a $5 coupon for RewardZone. It was touch and go for a minute...I could not find "Front Lines"...the guy said he only put three of the four tins out...he checked and sure enough he left the other box in the back room. So, if you don't find all four, make sure to ask and be persistent.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
What a great day!

Got all 4 treasures at Costco for $21.99 each (they had plenty of all 4), and then went to Best Buy to pick up GBU, Great Escape and Enter the Dragon (also noticed they had plenty of all 4 treasures).

I haven't been this psyched about a week's dvd purchases in quite a while. :)

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
Both Disney Stores were sold out of the Donald tin by 10:30am. Went to BB couldn't find Donald and Mickey at first. The Sales rep and I ended up finding them on a display cap.

By the way,

When the sales person looked them up in the computer it appears most stores in the area (MN) we getting less than 12 each of Donald and Mickey.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well I caved!!

I just picked up GBU and TGE at CC on a PM for under $30. Its well worth it!!

Greg

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I would like to know the Disney store price also.

Back in december when these tins were supposed to come out I had a $20 off when you spend $80 coupon I was planning to use to get these tins. What a shame they were delayed, and now the Disney store in Fassion Valley (San Diego) is closed.

Oh well thank goodness for STL. Randy B A

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks