What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/11/04 (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
The DVD Of Julius Caesar is the 1970 version with Heston. I saw it in as Big Box store the other day and it's pan-and-scan; the movie was originally in Panavision. Avoid at all costs.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Well, I was planning on getting Van Helsing: London Assignment, but after the travesty I witnessed on Friday, I believe I'll keep my money.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have enough trouble getting BB to honor a competitor's price, let alone getting the extra 10% off (which I have never gotten, but since my PMs are usually only ~$2 difference, I never bother mentioning it). Not even going to bother trying that.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Hmmmmmm. Guess the author of that quote has never read the disclaimer.....

If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like Dave & I do!

:D

Okay....okay
[C]
____________TITLE____________ _ _Amazon _ BestBuy _ CrcCity _ Target_ _ Costco_
Invader Zim____________________ _ $17.46 __ $15.99 __ $17.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ [/c]

Oh, BTW, I added Sam's Club prices back to the RoundUp. Not in the grid, but every price I could find was listed. Hope that helps you Sam's Clubbians!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

:D :p)

Thanks, Mike. :emoji_thumbsup:

By the way, is it time yet for me to change the left portion of my HTF signature? I think we should stick Mike's face in there, and give it to him. At least Woody's face. :wink:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Ah, FINALLY we have Jonny Quest! My favorite animated series from my childhood. A definite purchase for me.

Once again, thanks for all of your hard work on the roundup Mike!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dennis: You're right. Everyone is listing it as the 1950s version with Heston as Antony, but the cover they are all showing (see below) lists the 1970s cast:

Amazon lists the original film as 2.35:1. This new release is pan & scan? This would mean not only taking it off the grid, but coming up with a new quote & picture, too!

I saw a similar problem this week with some Elvis film called, apparently, "I Could Go On Singing"...the same title as the Judy Garland flick. Wouldn't ya know on some e-tailers it seems like they had substituted the Garland flick with the Elvis price. Very confusing. Possible, though, I suppose for some Garland fans to make a cheap score if they could find the right price.....

I've never even heard of Invader Zim. Not that I know every movie/DVD I put in the roundup, but the Invader is a complete unknown to me.

You are very welcome.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mike, Invader Zim is f'ing hilarious. At least, it appeals to MY sense of humor. And it's fairly safe for my 6-year old. Well, in that it corrupts him in the direction I want him to be corrupted in. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
looking to to find survivor and jetsons at target using my 43% off rainchecks.

friends at BB pricematching from CC.

And rhustler's rapsody.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up Invader Zim at Wal-Mart. They have it at the everyday low price of $14.44.

That beats Best Buy by a buck-and-a-half, for those of you keeping count!

For those of you who want Uncle Buck, but (like me) can't find another title in the 2-for-$15 deal at Best Buy because every other listed title is already owned or not wanted, then be aware that Wal-Mart has Uncle Buck for $8.88! Not a biggie, but nice for me.

Wal-Mart also has Jimmy-Timmy Power Hour (the cross-over for Jimmy Neutron and Fairly OddParents) for $14.44 normal price.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

when you get a raincheck at target, you can use that raincheck for the same item when it comes in.
or you can substitue for another same item.
dvd for dvd, clothes for clothes, etc.

so a few weeks ago when simpsons season 1 and family guy 1 was on sale for 19.99.
my target was out of them.
so they give you a raincheck witth whatever am't of purchase total you ask for.
i asked for 2 of each.

but the best part is that you will get the same discount that you would have with the origional sale.

both of those sets were on sale for 43% off.
so that is what you get on the rain check too.

i recently used that to get the pink panther set for $27.

and before anyone says bad ethics, it is stated right on the raincheck, this policy, in writing on the front.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member

This is already on DVD??!!! Wow, that was fast!

Also, I'm very disappointed about the whole Julius Caesar mixup. I've wanted to see the 1950 version for years, because Alfred Edyvean, my college theater professor (who was also a really great guy), was in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks