What's new

Weekly Roundup 4/9 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
[c]ALERT: *VERY* SLOW WEEK!!![/c]
[c]
WeeklyRoundupLogo.jpg
[/c]
Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, the week of the release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website...but it COULD still be in-stores!
[c]
_________TITLE___________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_CostCo_SamsClub
'02 W. Olympic HiLites__$14.96__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$11.98
Gumby 7-Disc Box Set____$74.96__$99.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Kylie Minogue - Sydney__$34.99__$34.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Mulholland Drive________$25.74__$19.99__$24.99__$20.99__$_N/A_
Mummy Collection (WS)___$32.24__$27.99__$27.99__$29.99__$_N/A_
S.I. Swimsuit 2002______$16.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
S.O.S. Titanic__________$18.74__$22.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Serendipity_____________$22.49__$17.99__$17.99__$17.99__$18.49
Spy Game (WS)___________$21.24__$16.99__$17.99__$18.49__$19.49
Sweatin'/Oldies Boxset__$22.46__$24.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Thumbtanic______________$ 9.99__$12.99__$ 9.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]
* This is definately a slow week, kiddies. HOW SLOW IS IT? :) It's so slow that I included in the Roundup the Richard Simmons "Sweatin' To The Oldies Box Set". :eek: Along with Olympic Highlights, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit, Thumbtanic, and Gumby. Kylie Minogue would have made it anyway...I know the HTF is crawling with her fans!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

* Be on the lookout for separate Widescreen releases from Pan-And-Scan releases for both Spy Game (which Amazon is charging $1 more for the OAR edition of! :angry: ) and The Mummy Collection. Remember that the Costco prices in the Roundup are per the website, and Costco USUALLY only stocks fullcreen editions in their stores.
* Best Buy deal: "Behind the Scenes of The Scorpion King Bonus DVD: On-pack with the purchase of any one of these DVDs: The Mummy Collection 2-Pack, The Fast and the Furious, American Pie 2, or American Pie 2-Pack. In-Store Only. Minimum 175 Bonus DVDs per Store. No Rainchecks." Prices on the involved DVDs are, respectively, $27.99, $17.99, $17.99, and $34.99.
* Best Buy deal: "Save $5 instantly, with the combined purchase of the following DVDs: Serendipity, and either Grosse Point Blank, Hi Fidelity, or Swingers.
* K-Mart shows $19.95 for both Serendipity and Spy Game. Target's ad is utterly devoid of DVD listings this week...THAT'S how slow it is!
The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
None!
Other Price Reductions not listed at VideoTropics:
--------------------------------------------------
Sorry...none! I told you: SLOW WEEK! See ya' next week.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to know if Buena Vista is working on a re-release of Grosse Pointe Blank. Otherwise I'm going to snap this one up with Serendipity this week. GPB is non-anamorphic, I think, with no SE material. But BV isn't as likely as other companies (Columbia, Fox) to re-issue movies. They pretty much have their Vista line which seems to be reserved for their top-tier movies, which I'm sure they don't consider GPB to be.

Anyone heard otherwise?

Again - thanks for the 411 David.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I'm looking forward to next week, fatal attraction and the man who wasn't there.

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Circuit City has some decent $7.99 deals this week. I picked up Heartbreakers (unseen) for $7.99, so I'll see if I like it once I watch it. The other two titles for $7.99 that stick out in my mind are Kingpin and When Harry Met Sally.

It really is a slow week but Mulholland Drive is a must have for me......at I guess $20, which is steep but expected. Why are Lynch DVDs so expensive anyway?

-Eric

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Eric, why is md a must have? please convince me I need to get this instead of rent it. With the oscar hype I was thinking this, can you give me the shove I need? :confused:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And what's with Kylie at $34.99. Do you get a free date with her upon purchase? :D

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Josh,

I said Mulholland Drive was a must have for me, so it may not be a must have for you or the next guy. I think it is a must have because I was completely captured by it like no movie I have seen recently. Usually I am distracted when I go to theaters by everything and everyone around me, but for this movie I forgot where I was and felt like the only thing there was the movie itself. It is a movie that takes you on a ride and just wraps itself around you, different from anything I have seen before. And plus it is worth buying just for the fact that you will have to watch it again and again and again, just hoping that one of these times it will make sense. Mainly are you a fan of strange films and Lynch? If the answer is yes then it can't really hurt to buy it right?

-Eric

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hey David,
Since we're putting SI Swimsuit on there...isn't WWF Divas or something like that also coming out next week? Mmmmm....Stacy Kiebler...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Thanks for the reply Eric, I think I will give it a whirl worst case I can sell it if I don't like it

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Since we're putting SI Swimsuit on there...isn't WWF Divas or something like that also coming out next week?
Yep, and another WWF title I forget as well. I *almost* included those two...damn! What a SLOW week! Almost makes me want to go blow money on upgrading my hardware. Oh, wait...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
David, maybe this will change your mind about not posting WWF Divas DVDs!!!
home.jpg

Not the best picture, but more can be had here:
http://www.wwfdivas.com/stacy/index.html#
I like the second one down on the first vertical row of pictures best, but I couldn't figure out how to hyperlink off of a pop-up window.
Sorry to bring this off topic, but I just had to...:D

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
how about Zoids? My 5 year old has become addicted to it on the cartoon network. Bestbuy.com lists just the VHS coming out tomorrow, though I can get the DVD from Amazon. Wonder if it will make it to any of the brick and mortars?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have Mulholland Drive on order, but I can't decide if I'm buying Spy Game or not (already saw it at the theaters, and it was decent, just don't know if I'll watch to re-watch it).

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Maybe we could wait and try to get Mulholland Drive

used in two weeks from Hollywood Video or Block Buster

for ?17.99? or ?14.99?, I don't think it will be a big

rental hit, so many of the used discs may not be watched

at all?

Just an idea,

EBC

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Zoids 2 is represented at BestBuy.com (6/11 release, $19.95), so it's logical to assume that Zoids 1 will be in BB stores tomorrow at a similar price - no matter what the website says.
Best Buy's sister chain, Suncoast, shows Zoids 1 for 16.99. Check here.
Link Removed shows Zoids 1 for $17.99, if that helps.
Borders looks like they will also stock it.
But I'd suggest going with Amazon's $14.99 pricetag if you don't mind the online experience.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
BB is charing $12.99 for Thumbtanic? It's MSRP is $9.99! If anyone's looking for it, DeepDiscountDVD has it for $7 and change shipped.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
And oddly enough, Best Buy has the preorder price for WWF Divas at $12.99, which is odd since the MSRP is supposed to be $24.99 and I can't find it for less than $18 elsewhere...
(Praying that no BB employee alerts the manager before tomorrow...)
Did I mention that Stacy Kiebler is hot? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks