What's new

Weekly Roundup 4/8 (and 4/11 for Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets!) (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Just got back from TRU. I was the first one, got my pre-order WS version total price with tax, $13.46, (should have been $13.77).

When it rang up the pre-order promo, it charged me tax on $16.99, ($9.01 today, which I paid). I then went and talked to a manager and she said, (just as I felt), that this was not right, I should have been charged tax on the special price of $12.99 (no tax paid at time of $5 deposit). So she messed around in the computer a little bit and refunded me $0.55. Thus my total with tax of $13.46. Not too shabby. I do not think I will bother to exchange or PM if it does show up, definitively cheaper elsewhere.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Walmart price...$13.88. They even had the widescreen edition.

- Steve

Brian D P

Auditioning
Ummm...

Sorry, I didn't read all the details in the e-mail. The 12.99 borders price is for Chicago are stores only.

Here's the text directly from the e-mail

Buy Any 3 Items, Get the 4th FREE!
EVERYTHING* in the Store!

Friday, April 11--Thursday, April 17
Only in Chicago-Area Borders Stores!

COMBINE Books · CDs · DVDs · Kids' Stuff · Electronics ·
Magazines · Gifts & Stationery · Cafe Treats · MORE!

Limited Time Only!
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
2-Disc DVD Set
Special Sale Price: $12.99
April 11-17 Only!

Brian

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
Walmart in Raleigh NC was carrying more Widescreen Harry Potter's than P&S(good for them), but they wanted 19.95 for it...

So I went next door to Target and got it for 14.99 + a coke.

I just went to BB at lunch time....wanted to get Willy Wonka along with Harry Potter....however they only had Full Screen version of WW. So went across the street to CC...they had HP2 on sale for $14.99! Plus matched BB's ad to get Goonies, WW, or WofOz for $7.99! actuall they charged me $7.28...took an additional 10% of the difference...plus saved a buck on Harry Potter.

Steve

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I'll probably just end up going to Best Buy since it is easy on off the highway for the ride home for me. I don't feel like chancing it with Walmart being all over the place with their prices and there tendency to carry P&S only. To me it'll be worth the extra buck I pay at Best Buy. Too bad I already own Wizard of Oz.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
$14.97 for HP at Wal-Mart in Boise, ID. Glad I saved those 2 cents. Looked to be about 50/50 WS and P&S.

Eric_P

Grip
I stopped by Wal-Mart on my way to Fry's just for grins over in Mountain View, CA.. they had it for $14.96 plenty of WS available..

I ended up buying it at Fry's for $13.99 in Palo Alto where there are plenty WS copies available too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.