What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-8-2008 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
How odd this is.

It would be nice if all studios decided to do this kind of pricing with their 2-disc "SEs".

Wonder why this title went down this way?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nothing more than a guess but I think it's a combination of unrated versions selling much better than the rated ones and that the movie didn't do very well in theaters* so they want to make the most they can off the video release.

*Box office be damned, I thought this movie was very funny.

SeanC

Agent
Thanks for the help guys, now I don't have to waste time going to Circuit City too! :) I wish the studios would price the 2-disc editions the same too; I used to always get them, but now when there's a $7-9 difference, I just go for the single.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Here's some other New Release prices from Target:
Ben 10: $9.99
TMNT S6: $14.99
Matlock S1: $39.99
Perry Mason 50th: $39.99
Bette Davis Collection: $44.99
Cosby Show S6 and S7: $19.99ea

Also saw on the "Coming Attractions" signing that they are going to carry the Woody Woodpecker set (streets next week, IIRC).

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Barnes and Noble are having an ONLINE ONLY DVD sale starting today (04/10). The Perry Mason set is only $29.99! There are "thousands of titles" on sale, while quantities last. Other volumes of PM are on sale for $23.99 if you need to pick any up. There's no expiration date given, just a "this sale may be withdrawn at any time" disclaimer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks