What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-7-2009 (1 Viewer)

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I am thinking that Best Buy doesn't feel compelled to advertise in Atlanta anymore. More often than not, no flyer in the Sunday paper these days.

I hope that when the economy picks up that the get some real competition.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Due to a lack of shelf space, I started selling my Simpsons "head" cases, so I picked up S8 this morning at Target for $12.99. They had ZERO of the other seasons, much less the advertised S10. I might stop at another store on the way home/later this week to see what season they decided to put on sale.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Tempted by Wedding Singer and American History X, but I think they'll be later purchases. Time to save up for what looks to be an expensive April (X-Men movies/TV show, Trek).

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

FYI, I see that Amazon is apparently matching this deal; looks like all titles except Transformers and Tropic Thunder are now $14.99.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
What's the story on "Winged Migration?" Several places listed the BR as being out this week, but I can only find it at Amazon with an anemic 10% discount.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Saw the BD for this one available at J&R locally. Can't remember the price now, but it's probably over $20.

BTW, seems J&R is stocking most of those Warner/New Line catalog BD releases for $13.99 right now. I picked up American History X for that price (along w/ a couple other titles) -- I hadn't even realized it just got released this week. :P

Also, for anyone interested, J&R has the Bedtime Stories BD for $23.99, IIRC. Seems like J&R might be trying to get more competitive w/ BD pricing during the initial release week.

_Man_

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

So I was an idiot in thinking all seasons of The Simpsons would be next to one another on the shelf. What was I thinking??? They had S10 on a completely different shelf, as advertised....

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
RE: the RoundUp for 04/14/09

As it's been for the past several decades, Target does not publish an ad on Easter Sunday...however, there WILL be an online-only ad available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks