What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-4-2006 (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

Thanks so much... I ordered Brokeback from Best Buy online, and the book is on backorder. My biggest concern is that it will become unavailable, as "supplies are limited." That was the only reason I ordered it from Best Buy (that, and the fact that I would not be able to get to the store early enough today to get one, which as you have just established would not have been an issue.)

Anyway, if I like the movie and BB does not send the book, I'll just order the book from Amazon. But this is a great deal if it works.

- Steve

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

And your signature on this price adjustment form as well, Mr. Frezon, ...written in your BLOOD! Bwaaaahahaaahahahah!

Or at least that's how Craig would handle it. :D

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
At FYE today I noticed that they had a table with TV DVD sets for buy one get one free (lower price prevails as free). I saw Seinfeld, Stargate SG, King of Queens, All in the Family, Dawson's Creek, Married With Children and several others I can't remember.

Chris Minogue

Stunt Coordinator
I (shockingly) had no problem getting my Brokeback book at Best Buy. They had a nice display of wide and fool, and the books with it.

HOWEVER - I live in a fairly large market with a huge Best Buy... and an associate told me they only received 20 copies of the book.

So, if you want the book you might want to try and get there soon.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Was fortunate to get the 2 disc Narnia for $16.99 at Wal-mart. My local WM knows me pretty well and price matched the Tower ad I printed out. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. What can I say, sometimes a wink and a smile do pay off. ;) It is a classy case indeed. :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I looked all over BB for the Brokeback Mountain freebie (BM: From Story to Screenplay), and finally learned that the book was at the cash registers. I got the 2nd to last copy at my store when I picked up the DVD. And the best part was finding a $25 Best Buy gift card in my wallet, so I used that to pay for the BM DVD+Book deal, $16.99 + tax.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
Regarding the Towers survey.When I click on it, it takes me to a page where I am supposed to log into something.What do I put in?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
BB will also call the competing store if you tell them about the lower price and you forgot the add.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Dillon, I *think* I fixed the link (edited my previous post) -- try it again (I had linked the page where I ended up to do the survey instead of the shortcut in the DVDTalk post by Dorsalphin).... or you could just print out the coupon, in Jeff's post a little ways up this page.... ;)

MattHR

Screenwriter
I picked up the new sets of A-Team, Knight Rider and Magnum for $30.19 each at Costco. I was planning to use the $5-off coupons that came with the last sets, but Costco doesn't honor coupons. They were still much cheaper than Best Buy.

These were the worst condition batches of DVD-18s I've come across yet. All the discs were covered in greasy fingerprints and a few have minor scratches. I have yet to try playing any of them.

Universal is supposedly in the process of dumping their use of DVD-18s. I can only hope this is the last of them!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The BB close to work did have a few copies of the book on the new release table, which is inconveniently located at the middle of the store, away from the new release display (that is just off the side of the main entrance).

They also had XBox 360 in stock...

- Steve

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

My BB had the required 20 copies and by sheer luck I was able to get one (I missed being at the store opening by 20 minutes) because someone had placed them on a small ledge about 2 feet off the floor underneath a big screen showing previews along with some copies of the film, the Mel Brooks collection & the various Narnia DVDs which was in the main center aisle of the store but opposite the new releases rack so many people missed them if they didn't ask.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
After stopping at Target last night I figured that there were going to be rumblings about the Narnia lithograph. I picked up the last Brokeback that had the "free CD" sticker on it (thank God it was Widescreen!) and 9 to 5 (which I was able to get for the $13.78 price of the fullscreen version even though my Widescreen version rang up at $14.99). For those that run into problems on these special promotions at Target, I would HIGHLY recommend filling out the "Guest Survey" that pops up on random receipts. There is a comment section for Electronics service where one of the questions is in regards to "being in stock on advertised items".

Chris Cooper

Auditioning
Got the Narnia 1-disc for 19.99 at Safeway, which included 3 cans of Pringles (bar-b-que), one package of Keeblers deluxe cookies and a 6-pack (plastic bottle) of diet caffeine free Coca Cola. The junk food amounted to $9.00 so I essentially got the one disc for $10.99.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Disney and/or Wal-Mart must be pushing hard to maximize sales of "Narnia," since my Wal-Mart, which has never offered a new release on release day for less than $19.89, was selling the 1-disc "Narnia" for $13.99.

David Glenn

Second Unit
What happen to Amazon's price for the 2 disc Narnia? It's now at $34.99!!! I was going to use an Amazon $10 GC but not now.

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
"Was fortunate to get the 2 disc Narnia for $16.99 at Wal-mart. My local WM knows me pretty well and price matched the Tower ad I printed out. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. What can I say, sometimes a wink and a smile do pay off. It is a classy case indeed."

Tim do you have both Wal-Mart and Tower close to each other in your area? I may try a Price Match while I'm near these B&M's. Also did you print the ad online or find one from a newspaper?

Thanks!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, the price-match at Best Buy on the CC price of the 2-disc Narnia set worked great. I wne in with the CC ad, my pre-order slip, a $5 RewardZone certificate, and my RewardZone card and everything worked like a charm.

The girl at the customer service desk said she didn't even need to see the ad. She was already well aware of the CC price! :D

BTW, it was, indeed, ^$$#@#%$ Lady and the &^@^*&%^&@ Tramp that I got the deal on with the Narnia pre-order. It was not &%#$@(&$% Bambi, after all. :b :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks