What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4/26/2005 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Re: the Family Guy LEs, from what I have read at various sites, each LE features a T-shirt and a bonus DVD containing a trailer for the new FG season, the pilot for American Dad, and some "behind-the-scenes" stuff at FG. Not exactly enough to make me re-buy the series. According to BB's site, the shirts are:

Volume 1 — Brian Griffin, the family dog
Volume 2 — Stewie Griffin, the baby

Also, BB is advertising a BB-exclusive bonus disc with the sets. According to their site:
"The disc contains the "Best of Stewie," trailers, teasers and the pilot for American Dad."
Seems similar to the disc included with the sets at all stores. Not much exclusivity to it, from what I can tell.

Here's the link to BB's info of everything, including images of the shirts:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at59400050010

Again, doesn't seem like enough for people who have the original releases to double dip, but if you haven't bought the series yet it's probably a good deal.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mike, cc.com doesn't charge sales tax to NY residents? I could have sworn they did the last time I ordered from them.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Scott! I appreciate your feedback. Thats kind of what I figured too, the BB disc seems awfully similar to the other ones. I haven't bought any of the Family Guy sets yet, so it's about time for me to pick them up.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
cc.com now has Lemony CE back at 29.99 so amazon is the best price if you add something else for free shipping.

I wonder what's on the CC bonus disc, the CE extra disc didn't seem to interesting from what amazon lists.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Scott: Don't know. I've never ordered from them. Wouldn't be surprised since they have a strong in-state NY presence.

And, I still don't know since I'll be stopping by my local Circuit City Tuesday...hoping they don't sell out of copies of Survivor/Outback before I get there.

Boy, I'm still burning about that. Even with the sales tax...there would have been no shipping and I would have been ahead another $3.24!

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the Roundup Mike. I haven't been checking it lately as I haven't bought anything but WW Season 4 in about 3 months I think.

Blade Trinity for me and thats it.

Greg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Was at my local cc at 10:10am and scored Survivor:Outback for $32.99! :emoji_thumbsup:

They only had about three copies on their shelves.

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Well, I just purchased the New version of Family Guy Vol.2 at Target to save $5 over the BB price.
I originally couldn't decide if I wanted the Best Buy Exclusive disc or the disc that came with Targets set.(Couldn't tell if there was a difference).
Well, to answer the question if there is a difference, there does seem to be. Best Buy advertises a "Best of Stewie" with commentary. This is NOT on the Target disc. So Best Buy does have an exclusive disc after all. If you want this featurette then get the BB disc.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Wal-Mart near me had the Family Guy LEs with T-shirt and bonus DVD. Probably the same as Target's version. Unfortunately, I forgot to write down the price of the sets. Sorry. (I want to say they were in the $31.xx/$32.xx range.)

In the meantime, here are some of the prices on new releases which I saw tonight at my local Wal-Mart (East Greenbush, NY):

Survivor: Outback $33.24
Assassination of Richard Nixon $16.99
ER - Season 3: $28.49
Crank Yankers - Season 2: $17.09
Lemony Snickett...: $15.87
Lemony Snicket...(w/ an on-pack book): $19.82
Blade - Trinity: $15.87
Blade (3 pack): $49.96
Darkness: $18.94

This Wal-Mart had both the rated AND NR versions of Darkness.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
2 Questions for those who purchased the newly released Family Guy sets:

1) Are the sets themselves different in some way compared to the Season 1/2 and Season 3 box sets that came out in the past couple years?

what does LE stand for?

Randy B A

Supporting Actor

Limited edition

I got the Blade trilogy for $34.99 PM to frys. Is there any reason to also get the R rated Blade Trinity? or is every thing duplicated on the unrated version?

Thanks, Randy B A

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
These new sets are limited? are they different that the old sets?

I should have guessed "Limied Edition"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Some DVD prices seen during a quick tour of my local BJs Wholesale Club tonight (Albany, NY):

Lemony Snicket... $17.99
Lemony Snicket...CE $24.99
Blade: Trinity $18.99
Darkness PG-13/NR $17.99
House of Flying Dagger $18.49
Love Song for Bobby Long $18.99
Spanglish $17.99
ER: Season 3 $29.99
Waltons: Season 2 $27.99
Hotel Rwanda $17.79
Raging Bull SE $18.99

Again, no signs that the week's "big" releases (such as Lemony Snicket or Blade: Trinity) were subject to any further reduction at the register.

Also, my BJs looked like it has been doing a thinning out of its DVD selection. A much smaller amount of titles with many empty slots in its usual racks. Maybe a change is in the works.

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
The Limited dvd for the Target "Family Guy" includes the pilot for American Dad. Advertisement showing clips from Season 4 of "Family Guy" (Funny Stuff) A behind the scenes of the voice actor for stewie, commecials for a couple other animated shows coming on dvd.

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Yes, it's the same bonus disc. That's why some have said if they were buying both volumes they would buy one at Target and one at Best Buy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks