What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-24-2007 (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Drew!

I feel your pain. I felt much the same at the release of Happy Days season 2. Frankly, I wonder why they even bother with the releases, it creates such ill will.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
BTW, just a note to tell people that I was intrigued by this week's title: Hollywood Sound: Music for the Movies.

This features John Mauceri conducting the BBC National Orchestra of Wales playing the movie music of Max Steiner ("Gone With the Wind"), Franz Waxman ("Bride of Frankenstein") and Erich Korngold ("The Adventures of Robin Hood"), all of whom came from Europe. Steiner was a pupil of Ravel. The American roster includes David Raksin ("Laura") and Alfred Newman ("The Hunchback of Notre Dame"). The description from Amazon says the orchestra plays the music before a backdrop of scenes from the movies. Sounds interesting.

But there is no mention of 5.1. It includes one disc with 85 minutes of content. CD Universe lists the title at $15.xx and DDD has it for $13.73.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
What you need to do is buy WKRP at Circuit City, then use the free Napster service to download all the missing songs and mix them in using your PC.

Get to work! :D

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Picked up 'The Girls Next Door' S1 for 17.99 at Target.

You might say it was an 'impulse' purchase...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
LOTS of new sets at Target today:
Drew Carey: $32.99
One Day At A Time: $22.99
Odd Couple: $29.99
WKRP: $27.99 (Temporary Price Cut, didn't check the regular price)
Flipper: $32.99 (displaying with Kids New Release DVDs)
Planet Earth: $59.99
Grease 2 Pack: $14.99

Didn't get a chance to check out if any new BR or HD discs were out other than the titles Mike already posted.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Once again, FYE comes through (their sale prices seem to really be getting competitive)...

A little while ago, I picked-up The Drew Carey Show (S1) for $29.99 and Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind (HD DVD) for $22.99.

John Gido

Second Unit
FYI, anyone picking up The Drew Carey Show Season One at BB, print out the on-line pricing from the BB web site before you go.

My local BB had it on the shelf for $33.99!. I was sure I saw it for $29.99 here and checked the BB web site to verify. FWIW, the manager said that if I bring in my receipt, along with the on-line pricing, I will get refunded the difference.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

I picked-up Deja Vu & Night at the Museum (1 Disc) at my local Wal-Mart for $13.87 each.

A Redbox was installed in my local supermarket within the past couple of weeks and I stopped by today and picked-up The Queen.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Has anyone been able to find the HD & Blue Ray versions of The Planet Earth at Best Buy in the Los Angeles or surrounding areas? So far i've have'nt had any luck finding them in my immediate area (Culver City, West LA or Hollywood)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
It's interesting that BestBuy.com states that the status for both versions is:
Store Pickup: Available at most stores
I just checked product availability on BestBuy.com for several (6 - 8) ZIP codes in Riverside, Orange, and Los Angeles Counties. Each search listed the nearest 6 Best Buy locations and all stated the same thing:
UNAVAILABLE
It doesn't look like either version is presently available in Southern California at Best Buy B&M's.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Has anyone seen Planet Earth in any b&m? I ordered mine on Barnes and Noble's website and they just sent me an email saying the release date had been delayed.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Both Target and Best Buy had the standard DVD versions in-store (Target was $59.99, see my last post)

Did NOT see the B-R or HD versions at Best Buy though...were those the ones that possibly got pushed back?

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
No my set was the sd. Figures I try and save ten bucks and I get screwed. Ya see what happens when you go against your gut! Always go for instant gratification!

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham

Josh,

I had a similar experience with the SE of A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS. I pre-ordered it from B&N and got an e-mail on release day saying that the release had been delayed. It shipped later in the week, so I didn't have to wait too long. Hopefully, you'll experience the same thing.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Josh:
I checked on amazon's website. They are now back-ordered on PE in ALL THREE versions, with expected shipping dates ranging from 1-3 weeks! Can't wait to see where this ends up on the DVD sales charts!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks