What's new

Weekly Roundup 4/22 (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I was surprised to see, or more accurately not see, any of the great animated titles in the CC or BB flyers this week. The only exception being that for Speed Racer. With JLA, Batman, Transformer, etc you would think that they would do so me sort of buy ## get some $$ off deal. O'well. For those interested I did happen to find some virgin copies of the titles listed above late yesterday. The store is traditionally a little overpriced so I decided to hold out a few more days.

Chris S.

Adrian_S

Second Unit
I bit the bullet and placed the order for TRANSFORMERS-SEASON 2 PART 2 SET at DDD. I don't want to bother with the headaches today.... :)

So what's the deal with Beast Wars, are they only comming out as single dvd's?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Adrian, just posted today at TVShowsonDVD.com (you've heard of that site, right Dave? ;)):

Season 1 box set in July
4/20/2003

Thanks to this post last Wednesday (4/16) by Tim Formas from the Transformers World 2005 website, we found out that there was some very interesting DVD information snuck out among the latest comic book offerings.

Diamond Comic distributors updated their "Previews" listings with this entry for a Beast Wars Season One DVD Box Set:
From Rhino Home Video! Prepare for the next evolution of Transformers! Upon crashing on a mysterious world ripe with the powerful substance, Energon, the Maximals, led by Optimus Primal, and the evil Predacons battle for control of this rare, life-sustaining energy source! All 26 first season episodes from this CGI-powered series are collected. Scheduled to ship in July 2003.

Box Set..........$59.95
We'll keep you posted as more details come to light on this, but they seem to have all the basics covered. They even have an accompanying picture of the box art (which might just be preliminary, as Tim from TFW2005 cautions that this may not be the final artwork yet). Here's a peek at it anyway:

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
hmmm i'm not the biggest fan of Beast Wars but its better than the garbage they call transforemrs:Armada.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Thanks for the info and link to that article, Dave.

I sure hope Amazon's Cole Porter sets include that extra disc; their product information says 5 discs.

I know the Disney site says RETURN TO SNOWY RIVER will not be OAR, but I'm still looking for some independent verification of that, preferably with an actual cover scan or first-hand report.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well even so there a few dvd I want to get, I will not be picking them up anytime soon...so other words, slow week for me. Thanks Ron..I mean David once again. :D

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
hmmm i'm not the biggest fan of Beast Wars but its better than the garbage they call transforemrs:Armada.
It's funny you say that because I remember reading some Trans forums back when Beast Wars was first on blasting it for being really bad and exclaiming how wonderful Armada was. Of course we all know otherwise now. I always really liked Beast Wars and I hope that they do complete seasons all the way to Beast Machines.

Chris S.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Not only do I not have Matrix, I've never even seen it!
Jon_Are:

Best Buy has it on sale for $11.99 this week. And I believe you also get a coupon to mail in for a free adult admission to see The Matrix: Reloaded in theaters.

As for me this week.........nada, sqaut,zilch,nothing,middle of the donut.

Joe

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Update:

I let my fingers do the walking this morning and made some phone calls. I talked to Costco, Wal-Mart, and Target.

None of them will have Transformers Season 2 Part 2. :frowning:

It looks like fans of Transformers will be roped into hitting Best Buy or Circuit City and paying the $49.95 extortion prices if you want instant gratificaction. I may have to hold off and mail-order it cheaper. Especially keeping in mind how quickly the last two sets sold through and were hard to find.

Target's price on Darkness Falls is indeed $15.99. They won't have Speed Racer. She said they had Batman The Animated Series, but the way she talked it may not be the new one (she said they "had it for a while").

*MY* Wal-Mart (prices vary by location) has Speed Racer for $16.88, so I'm heading to Best Buy for that one. Darkness Falls is $15.97, obviously discounting based on the BB and CC advertised price of $16.99, but knocking another 17¢ off to get under the speculated Target "Low Price" of $15.99 (which turned out to be correct). Wal-Mart (at least my store) did NOT get Mad About You, or ANY of the Warner Brothers superhero titles (the lady I spoke to was mad about that as her own son wanted them).

Not a good start to the shopping experience today; if anyone has any tips please chime in. Happy Hunting!

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
At my Best Buy, while I was picking up Speed Racer, I was handed a brochure looking thing. It says on the front:

Build The Ultimate
DVD Collection
with the
GREATEST OVERLOOKED
PERFORMANCES
as Listed By...
Entertainment Weekly

In the back, there is a $5 off 3 DVD coupon. It expires 8/30/03. There was a stack of these brochure thingies at the Netflix table by the New Release section at my Best Buy (San Antonio, San Pedro store).

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Picked up Young Guns and Speed Racer (SR = 16.88 at my local Wal-Mart, 14.64 at Sam's Club) for 12.99 each at Best Buy. Note: There is a sticker on the front of Young Guns that states you get a $5 rebate by mail with purchase of YG plus one other dvd from a list that includes Speed Racer (and Glengarry Glen Ross, others). Makes for a much better deal ($10.49 each) on these titles.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
The YG sticker I saw didn't look like that kind of rebate. I wonder if the $5 coupon Andrea found would work with YG/SR and another dvd. Hmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks