What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4/19/05 (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Yeah, that MY MAN GODFREY at DDD is NOT the new release.

Be careful - there are a lot of cheap public domain releases of MMG out there, and their video quality is usually BAD. See the DVDBeaver comparison to see what I mean. But the new version being released (with the colorized version included) appears to be very nicely done.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
MST3K only for me this week. Looks like the best deal is going to be DDD though. Nice to see yet another release of "My Man Godfrey" that will not come close to Criterion's disc. Colorized? That's a sin right there...

Scott Pierson

Stunt Coordinator

Whoa! :b

Thanks for the heads up. Saved me $5 and a ton of disappointment when it came in the mail and I realized my error. Sorry for the confusion.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Hey Mike, where did you see the Best Buy price for the Errol Flynn box of $41.99 listed? The pre-order price at the BB web site is currently at $55.99, and I did not see it in my local ads.

Regards,

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the lineup, Mike!

MST3K is on my list, but that's one for the DDD biannual sale :) What is that sale, 20% off? I can wait a couple months to get that boxset for under $30.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Ken: Good question! I just confirmed that $55.99 price at bb.com. Unfortunately, I'm at work right now and my RoundUp paperwork (and voluminous, it is!) is at home. I'm going to guess it's either my mistake (perish the thought!) or bb.com called an audible and switched things up. I'll post later with a definitive answer.

Sometimes I can't read my own writing...but it's hard to figure how I could think a "55" could look like a "41". :D

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Absolutely nothing for what seems like the millionth week in a row. The last thing I picked up was mid-March (Superfriends and Superman). I haven't found the reason to pick up Closer or Queer as Folk S4 from weeks prior. Chances are the next thing I'll get is Blade Trinity next week.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Jason: My guess is you are foolishly wasting all of your disposable cash on Market Pantry sparkling water and it's taking away from your DVD purchases. Make it stop! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I love quoting myself...and...making good on my promises! :D

Ken: It was, indeed, listed earlier as $41.99! The only thing I was worried about earlier, when I did not have my papers in hand, was that I might have screwed up during some cutting or pasting...or filling in the table. But, my worksheet--which I use to determine the titles I list each week AND to track their prices--clearly says $41.99.

I cannot figure how I could have written down a wrong price...so, I will quickly lay blame at BestBuy's corporate feet. Not like I haven't done that before! :D

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Sadly, the in-store Best Buy price for the Flynn set turned out to be their newer, higher price of $55.99. Ah well.

Regards,

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Errol Flynn prices when I checked this am:

Sam's $38.74
Costco $39.99

Steve

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Nah, Mike. :) I get my water out of the tap just like my grandparents did for eons. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

The lack of an income right now is hindering just about all my plans. Once that kicks in again (or I have cash inflow), then I'll be back at the store, spending more than I should.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
On the fence about Miracles..I love the show, but the lack of widescreen is making me think twice about burning $40.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
I picked up the Errol Flynn set for $39.99 at Costco. They only had a few copies in stock, so I'm happy to have snagged one.

They also had the following sets for $12.99: Abbot & Costello Collection V1, A&C V2, and The Don Knotts 4-pack. Warner's Tarzan and Marx Bros. sets were available for $39.99 each as well.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's a sampling of DVD prices from a quick trip to my local BJs Wholesale Club (Albany, NY) tonight:

[c]Meet the Fockers $18.79
A Love Song for Bobby Long $18.99
House of Flying Daggers $18.49
Oceans 12 $17.79
After the Sunset $17.99
Closer $18.29
Apollo 13 (2005 release) $14.99
[/c]

Nothing too special there. Was really surprised not to see the usual sign detailing a $3 off Meet the Fockers to bring it to $15.79 at the register. But no such sign was in evidence. If I was interested, I might have had them scan it because it seems as if every high profile release has had some kind of similar deal in recent months at BJs.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Picked up Fockers for $12.99 at Walmart, matching the Meier's ad (not sure where they are besides Chicago burbs...)

The regular Walmart price was $14.99 at this location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks