What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-18-2006 (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Is it confirmed that this re-issue of TAP is indeed anamorphic??

I ask because a couple of months ago, Warner reissued the Bruce Willis movie In Country. At the time the word was this would be the title's first widescreen issue. Nope - it was just the old P&S disc in a new keepcase.

Once bitten, twice shy. Given the complete lack of any publicity on this title, I'm gonna wait for confirmation of a new transfer from somebody that's actually played the disc before plunking down my money on another repackaging job.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Glad to see I'm not the only one picking up The American President this week. Thank god this is it until May...I just picked up TOO MUCH wine at some wineries in the area. :)

Thanks Mike and Patrick.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wasn't even going to include the prices for The American President this week...figuring it was just a price drop. Then I saw THIS THREAD

Cross of Iron: Amazon: $20.99, Best Buy: $24.99, Circuit City: $19.99

Titus: Amazon: $13.99, Best Buy: $14.99, Circuit City: $15.99

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the Round-Up.

On the heels of last week's Fox excellent L&H set, I'll be picking up Warners' set this week. Great stuff.

Steve

Dillon*G

Second Unit
Thanks for the prices on Titus,Mike. It's been a long day and was happy to see I didn't need to look up the prices.

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
Well, if Event Horizon was actually a Director's Cut, with all of the missing footage that supposedly makes the film make sense, then I'd be all over it. However, after reading the review at DVDTalk, nothing for me this week. Thanks for the hard work Mike!

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Busy week for me. I'll be grabbing:

Hostel UR
Cross of Iron SE
Bad Dreams
Visiting Hours
Event Horizon SE

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I mentioned this in the last Roundup thread, but Spaceballs SE (the two disc version) was on sale at Target for 7 dollars last week. You should check and see if it was still avaiable for that price.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
Wall mart in San Diego had Hostel unrated packaged with Texas Chainsaw Massacre the next generation (Matthew McConaughey) for < $15.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Stopped by Costco over lunch today and noticed quite a few Warners boxes at blowout prices. For example, Classic Comedies and Hollywood to Broadway were only $19.99 apiece. There were also various themed "Best Picture" collections included at this price.

The deluxe editions of Ben Hur and GWTW plus the That's Entertainment were $22.99.

For current releases, they had the TCM Archives Laurel and Hardy set for just $22.99 also.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Here are the prices from Target:
Hostel: $16.99 (I only saw the WS/UR version!!!!)
Scorned: $14.99 (not sure if that was released this week or last)
Thundercats: $49.99
Mrs. Henderson Presents: $16.99 (IIRC)
The other prices in my former post are in effect also.

Since the HD version of Million $ Baby was mentioned, I saw the HD version listed in the New Release section of Netflix...but with no distinction from the standard version. In fact, I have the 2005 Phantom of the Opera disc at home right now and the HD version on the NR page is listed as "at home"!!!

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I think Mike needs to put American President on the "Do not buy" list...which we haven't had that in a while. And I dunno if they will restock, but check your local Target to see if they have Spaceballs SE.

Carmine D.

Auditioning
Real Name
Carmine
Just got back from BJ's in Middle Village, NY & snatched the last Cary Grant Signature Collection for 19.99.
They also had for 21.99 the deluxe editions of Ben Hur & Gone With the Wind, & also That's Entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks