What's new

Weekly Roundup 4/13 (SURPRISE! It's ME!) (1 Viewer)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Tony, no BestBuys in Greece? ;)

I will second that. It was my favorite movie in recent years, not that it's the best movie ever made, but it might be the most fun! A movie that is made to purely entertain.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I'll disagree. It's not everyone's cup of tea, and would be best relegated to a rental for most people. I'm going to pick it up at Blockbuster with the el-cheapo deal, if they have it, otherwise I'll be waiting until the mega-set next year. It was ok, but not the greatest movie ever or a good blind-buy for everyone.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
This week for me it's Kill Bill for sure even if I end up buying the box set later. I gotta have a showing at my house for my friends before we head to see the second one.

Other dvds this week I'm getting:
Highlander Season 4
Babylon 3,4 & 5 (I soooo wish BB was having a discount on multiple purchases for this season, I was waiting for that)

anyone know the best place to get all the B5 discs online cheaply?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Thanks for the tip Mike! With ground shipping it came out to $65.80, $15 less than Be$t Buy is charging.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock

Their web site is listing seasons 1 - 4 at $69.99 (and season 5 at $64.99). Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised when go in on Tuesday and the in-store price is less than the web site. I'll be picking up B5 S5 there tomorrow, so I'll confirm the prices and post back here.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
And here I was going to come up with a snarky remark for whoever bumped a thread from April of last year, and lo and behold our guide has returned.

Great to see you around these parts Dave!

I was going to preorder Kill Bill online, but a ordering error (operator error) on my part delayed it by a day, by which point every online store had it for $20. I'm kind of glad it all happened because the BB and CC prices beat them all.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Hmm, the outpost price for B5 is tempting, but you just can't trust the packaging on the damn thing. (I've only not had to return one season so far). Wish I had a costco around here to pick it up at.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
For the first time since way back sometime in February I can honestly say nothing for me this week, there's nothing coming out I wish to purchase and even if there was, I'm broke.

I'd also like to welcome David back to the roundup.

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Nice try Dave...or should I say...Mike! Judging by the way the Weekly Roundup has been run since you left, it's pretty obvious that you and Mike are one and the same!

Besides, when was the last time that anyone actually saw the two of you together in the same place?;)

Best to Dave/Mike for all your efforts!

Howard

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks to everyone who's making me feel welcome to be back, even if it's temporary. My one-shot may have turned into a 2-shot, though.

I got a note today from Mike Frezon's wife, Peggy. She's got some news about Mike's situation, and a note from Mike himself. Here are the highlights:

I'm sure everyone here will join me in wishing Mike, Peggy, and their kids all the best, and keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Hoping Mike has a speedy recovery,

Galen_V

Second Unit
I'm not picking up this week (I'll wait until the KB Special Edition or whatever), but I just wanted to welcome you back Dave and send my best wishes over to Mike. Here's hoping to a quick and complete recovery-my heart goes out to you, Peggy and the rest of your damily. Rest up and hopefully you will be chatting it up with us again soon.

Galen

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
:eek: When we hadn't heard from Mike in a couple days, I was afraid something might have happened.

Get well soon, Mike! (And keep your chins up, Mike's family! I hear he's looking forward to a double feature of "2001" and "The Matrix Revolutions" when he gets home.) :)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I'm not getting anything this week, but I just wanted to drop in and say this...

Mike, I hope you get well soon. I really miss you in that special corner of HTF! ;)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Hope you have a speedy recovery Mike, ive been in i.c.u in the past , so i know what youre going through.Hope youre back soon talking about yours, mine and everyone elses hobby on these boards.In the meantime, take it easy.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Absolutely the best wishes go out to Mike and his family for a speedy and healthy Recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks