The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Precious
Brothers
Astro Boy
Where the Wild Things Are
[/COLOR]

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the Roundup. Just Great Mouse Detective for me (first dvd I've bought since I went blu last Thanksgiving). Don't see it getting a blu ray release anytime in the foreseeable future. Seems everybody's price is around $15. Walmart.com has it for $11.86. Do they pm their own website? If not I can do a site to store order. If there was something else I needed I'd get it at Amazon but nothing to get to $25 for free shipping.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The most tempting thing for me this week is the Hurt Locker on sale. Nothing new is calling my name, at least not until I read the reviews. I know Kevin is just about ready to post Apollo 13. We haven't received the BD of Pirate Radio yet.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know? Are those M-G-M DVD-Rs on amazon April 15 connected with the Warner Archive Program?

I've never seen anything listed on amazon like that in their new release listings.

The Great Mouse Detective for me. First time it has been released with its original, unaltered title on home video!

Timothy J Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
TimothyJackson Wolfe
Originally Posted by Eric Scott Richard

The Great Mouse Detective for me. First time it has been released with its original, unaltered title on home video!

What was changed in the titles on the other releases?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

Its MGMs version of the Archive Program

Also, you need to be careful with the MGM titles because unlike Warner's Archive Program, not all the MGM titles are in their OAR.

Crawdaddy

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
The video title was changed to The Adventures Of The Great Mouse Detective.

Anyways, waiting for the Blu on that one (already have the DVD, not double-dipping until it's Blu).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If you scroll through BB's DVD's or BD's on sale (online), you'll find a bunch of interesting stuff. The Thing and Catwoman for 9.99. Bender's Game for 20.99. Simpsons S20 @34.99. Amazon has some for less, including a lower price on Up in the Air BD.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I look forward to the review of the Apollo 13 blu ray. My SD disc died and I didn't the HD-Disc, I'm sure it will be a great release and it's on my list to pick-up!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Possible help on a couple titles

Universal Studios Facebook page has a $5 off coupon available -- It think expires either 4/30 or 5/31. Pirate Radio looks like the only new title available from that studio so may be bit more $$$. If so then PR for 16.99 or 17.99 at Target and BB.

www.facebook.com/universalstudiosentertainment

You need to sign into Facebook (or create a new account), become a "Fan" at the Universal site and then you should be able to get 2 coupons per account ( 2 per computer). If you have a 2nd/3rd computer it appears you can create another account and get additional coupons -- or you can create a dummy account if you don't wish to share your FB information with Universal.

The coupon states $5 off Regularly Priced Bluray so there is a bit of a YMMV here depending on how the folks interpret that. Several people got some of the $10 titles last week from BB like Fletch, Knocked Up, and Sarah Marshall which still appear to be on sale this week so may be worth a try. Many others got denied due to the restrictions

Robbie S

Auditioning
Real Name
Robbie S
Forgive me if this a touch off topic, but does anyone know of a reliable source for checking the differences between multiple relases of the same film? I think this is already the 3rd Gone With The Wind Blu Ray release, and I don't know which edition I would want. I used to use Amazon, but they don't seem to list edition features like they used to, and to further complicate matters, the reviews that come up can sometimes refer to other editions. THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks