What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-11-2006 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Huh?! What in the wide, wide world of sports is a-going-on here?

cc.com was at $24.99 for the MI/MI2 collector's set. It has indeed dropped to just $12.99 (which is their flyer price for the new release of MI). And, the CC Sunday flyer shows a price of $16.99 for the set. Weird.

I changed the price in the grid to reflect the flyer price for the set.

You know, I've always felt we haven't had enough pictures of Charo in the RoundUp. :D

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks guys!

Bob Newhart Season 3 for me and (although it is not a dvd) I will also be picking up The Beatles: US Capitol Albums Volume 2.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Mike,

Thanks as always! A slow week if it weren't for the Beatles set that Gary mentioned.

Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search For Christopher Robin is a new release this week, and so might be listed in the roundup. Prices I have seen (most listed in Patrick's post) are as follows:

Amazon: $29.99(!)
Best Buy: $19.99
Circuit City: $16.99
Target: $16.99

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
If they haven't corrected it by Tuesday does anyone know if Circuit City price matches their website? I'd love to get the MI/MI2 collectors set for $12.99 (& know for sure that it's got a movie ticket inside).

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Thankfully after last week, nothing this week. Although I may pick up the MI/MI2 SE's.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Nothing for me this week (thankfully). An excellent opportunity to pick up some discounted video games, made all the sweeter with this $5 coupon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nice coupon, Ken! Although RoundUp readers should note to act fast! The coupon expires 4-15.

Jay: Thanks for the prices on the Pooh's Grand Adventure release. :emoji_thumbsup: I was confused on this release (which is a VERY common occurrence. Trust me! ;) )

This just got released a few years ago...and was only listed on about half of my usual sources for new release status. So, I left it off the RoundUp. And, of course, find out that someone is interested in the prices. Ah well. You did great by looking up the prices and sharing here with everyone else. Thanks again!

The Merv set intrigues me. I may stop by Target and give it a look-see.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Not to give anyone any...immoral ideas or anything, but couldn't you theoretically print off that coupon in #28 a few (dozen) times and get $5 a bunch of stuff?

Granted, you'd have to go in a bunch of different times...but it might be worth it if you were looking for pricey sets or something...

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

Theoretically speaking, yes. :D

Although there is a disclaimer in the coupon (No copies), there is nothing to prevent a consumer from printing multiple copies and using them, even though you're limited to 1 coupon per membership, per transaction.

Many folks may not be aware of this, but they can automatically get $5 off any video game $19.99 or higher right now if they use the $5 coupon that comes with the Gamer Gift Card. What makes this coupon great is that a) you don't need to purchase a gift card in order to use the $5 coupon, and b) it can be used on any game, regardless of price* (*I have used a similar coupon in the past to get $4.99 games for free, but it depends on the cashier. It's a YMMV situation)

I used it this morning on Geist for the Gamecube (came to $4.99 after applying the coupon). The cashier could have declined acceptance, as clearance items are supposed to be excluded, but she didn't bother reading the terms; she scanned the coupon's barcode, the discount was registered and I left happy. :D I'm heading back this evening to pick up Killer 7 for the Gamecube, another $9.99 title.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks Ken. That was my entire idea. I never imagined BB would track who used a coupon and who doesn't, declining the double dippers.

Re: "no copies"...I can always argue mine isn't a copy, it's a print out. It will prolly work with them too, sadly.

Now why didn't I have this on Saturday when I picked up the Apes set??? :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mike...I just grabbed mine off the printer and actually READ it. :)

Yeah...video game...maybe a case can be made that some current movies are CGI'ed enough to qualify as video games??? ;)

Jay*W

Second Unit

Mike,

My pleasure -- it's the least I can do to return the favor of all your work!

Despite some misleading information on Amazon and elsewhere, this is the first DVD release (at least domestically) for Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search For Christopher Robin. The film is one of Disney's earlier direct-to-video releases and was originally released in 1997. It is fairly well-regarded as Disney DTV goes.

Ultimate Disney has the full press release available on their website:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/poohsg...ssrelease.html

Jay

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I haven't been paying close attention to the upcoming release, lately. It's a good thing I checked. I'll be getting S3 of Bob Newhart and for CDs the new Beatles set.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow, Jay! Thanks for the info!

I coulda sworn Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin had been out on DVD. Just goes to show ya!

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
Went into Circuit City for the MI Special Collector’s Edition boxset. Customer Service checked me out for the price of $12.99, they just looked it up online and rang it up. Also has movie ticket inside. Awesome price!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks