What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-7-2006 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

EDITED / UPDATED

Best Buy's web-site now lists the 2-Disc HP&TGOF (both WS & FF/P&S versions) as part of this 2 for $20 deal. Link:
EDIT - Link removed as description no longer notes '(2 Disc)'
There's a contradiction though - a footnote states: 'Offer does not include the 2-DVD special editions.' Yet, when you scroll down, both versions of HP&TGOF are clearly listed.

Also, the 2-Disc version is listed by itself (apart from the 2 for $20 deal) for $14.99. The item description actually states, 'See price in cart.' When you add it to your cart though it does show up for $14.99. Link:
EDIT - Link removed as description no longer notes '(2 Disc)'

I just ordered a copy for in-store pick-up.
EDIT - Scroll down to Post #74 for follow-up.

Alex S

Second Unit
Just got back from lunch.

I picked up Harry Potter & Thr Goblet of Fire 2 disc version at BJ's Wholesale Club for $20.99 but later saw it at Costco for $20.29.

I also picked up The Shaggy Dog - Wild & Wooly version at Costco for $12.99.

Neither store had The Brady Bunch.

Lance_G

Grip
Jeff, recheck your order. All HPGOF DVDs are listed as 2-Disc on BB.com but only one is actually a 2-Disc and it still shows as $20.99. Your link was for the single disc WS version.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Saw HP4 at Sam's for $18.something this morning.

Edit:

Now that I've looked at the cover art on Amazon for the different versions of HP4, I'm thinking the $18.something price I saw was for the 1-discer...

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
Confirmed: No 2-disc Jarheads at local Targets and Circuit City price is $34.99.

Looks like Best Buy is the cheapest brick & morter at $32.99. Anybody seen it available for less (b&m)?

Jimmy

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I agree with that sentiment 100%.

In the meantime, Malcolm: are you really interested in the HP (2-disc) with 3-D cover? If so, I'd pick one up for you (if they are findable) and send it, if you were so inclined. LMK.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
My CC & Target had 0 Jarhead 2-discs and BB had it for $32.99. I check my local Fred Meyer and they had it for $29.99. So if you have a local Fred Meyer check for it there.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

The one near me only had a dozen copies (with the lenticular cover) on the shelves (this was ~9:30am). I had a tough time finding one without scuffs, dings or tears on the slipcover.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor

I saw the same thing. My order confirmation plainly says "2 Disc Widescreen". I bought on line for an in-store pick-up.

I copied and pasted this from my oder confirmation...

Harry Potter & Goblet Of Fire (2 Disc)-Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3-DVD

Order Total:$15.89

I'm headed there shortly.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
No Jarhead 2-disc sets at Best Buy, Circuit City, OR Target. Maybe they don't exist... :lol:

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I picked up HP 4 with the fancy cover and the 1 disk Jarhead, decided I didn't really want to double the price for extras I may not watch, the 1 disk has some stuff on it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Brady Bunch is actually $29.99 at Circuit City. I bought it at Target, but had to go to CC for HP 1-disc. The price was the same when I got there.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
HP&TGOF Update - BestBuy.com with In-store Pick-up

Earlier today, the description for HP&TGOF at BestBuy.com noted '(2 Disc)' and it was priced at $14.99. Even now, a summary search of BestBuy.com for HP&TGOF notes '(2 Disc)' on all 3 versions. Link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....equestid=79755
However, when you click on the title hyperlinks, the '(2 Disc)' notation drops from the titles.

As an aside, for easy reference on HP&TGOF, the 1 Disc FF/P&S version has a Gold title bar noting 'Full-Screen Edition', the 1 Disc WS version has a Burgundy title bar noting 'Widescreen Edition, and the 2 Disc version has a Platinum / Silver title bar noting 'Two-Disc Special Edition'.

Anyway, I ordered it online for in-store pick-up and when I went to pick it up at the BB Customer Service counter, I was given the 1 Disc WS Edition. I explained that I had ordered a 2 Disc version and I showed the CSR a print-out of the web-page noting 2 Discs. He informed me that there may be 2 discs in the version he handed me because, according to him, "They do that sometimes." I informed him that no, it only contained 1 disc. I reiterated that I had ordered a 2 Disc version for $14.99 and he then informed me that the web-site probably had a typo on it. I told him that was possible, but that I still had ordered a 2 Disc version for $14.99. The CSR then went to talk to 2 BB managers / supervisors. The 3 of them conferred and then huddled around a PC - I'm guessing to check the BB.com web-site. After a couple of minutes, the CSR came back over and told me that they would honor the $14.99 price for the 2 Disc Special Edition. While the CSR refunded my original transaction (1 Disc WS Edition), one of the managers / supervisors went and retrieved a copy of the 2 Disc Special Edition for me, and then the CSR rung-up my purchase at the $14.99 price. The manager then called another employee over and directed him to get on the phone with BB.com to correct the typo (which obviously hasn't happened yet - check out the above link).

In this instance, Best Buy (Murrieta, CA) exhibited excellent customer service in handling this situation - a BIG :emoji_thumbsup: to the Blue Shirt crew!

I'm curious to hear how Ralph Summa made out at his Best Buy on this issue.

REMEMBER - YMMV!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Only due to your persistence. Sounds like they tried to brush you off several times before they finally decided they'd have to fulfill their obligations before you'd leave.

P.S. I got BB coupons in the mail today. Wonder what's the occasion?

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

My sentiments exactly. CC had no clue about 2 disc version and Costco didn't carry it. Single disc version will do fine considering the price difference and modest extras difference...

Joel

JamesED

Second Unit
I picked up Harry Potter 2 disc for $22.84 at Walmart. Their 1 disc was $14.84, but I caved for the deleted scenes and interviews.
I don't like my Walmart here much, because they are not very competitive setting their prices with CC, Target, and BB. Oh well, I'm not driving 22 miles round trip for $2.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, I had no intention of getting the 3-D HP cover @ Target for myself...but ended up doing so.

Was out on other business tonight and the wife said, "let's run in to Target quick". So we did...and I know own the 2-disc with the 3-D cover. Oh well. Ya never know.

Yeah. Well, that's pretty much how I feel about it. And, as many of you know, I switch most of my DVDs over to ThinPak slim cases anyway. Interestingly, however, my Harry Potter films haven't been switched over, though, becaue the first two are in digi-paks. Okay...so maybe it's not that interesting! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For members of BJ's Wholesale Club:

Be on the lookout for the MArch 2006 "BJs Journal". Mine hit my mailbox today. Along with the usual assortment of coupons and product ads, etc...there is a coupon for $3 off ANY Disney DVD when you buy the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and THe Wardrobe.

The coupon is good from 4-4-06 thru 6-30-06.

There is also an ad for King Kong (available 3/28) that says you'll be able to save $3 off the King Kong DVD when you buy any 100 count or 70 count Glad "Force Flex" trash product. See coupon on DVD.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor

The on-line description on Bestbuy.com was wrong. The SKU associated with what read as the 2-disc set priced at $14.99 was, as expected, the 1-disc bare bones DVD. Of course "we are not responsible for typographical errors" so I just bought the 2-disc widescreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks