Weekly RoundUp 3-4-2014

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Wow, Jake!

Awesome work and great eagle eyes! I believe you are absolutely correct and I apologize to all those who were misdirected by my OP. I truly am sorry for not getting this correct.

If you folks haven't actually seen the BB ad, the two steelbooks are shown directly below the following text:

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Steelbook - Available Friday.

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I have fixed the OP to reflect Jake's report.
    Off to pre-order! Thanks, Dennis! Maybe it'll drop even further before Tuesday.

3. Sigwolf

Sigwolf Agent

Dave
    Thank you for making us a part of your rehabilitation. You have been, and are still going through a very traumatic experience. Understand that what may be therapeutic to you makes life easier for a lot of people that may have taken this information for granted. If this helps you at this point, that is a big bonus because you have been helping others for a long time, whether you knew that or not.

4. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Damn Mike, back in the saddle super quick! If anyone deserved a break, it was you. Never taking the roundup for granted again, so cheers to you and all your hard work!

5. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

What an eloquent post. Wow. Thank you for your understanding.

6. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Good having ya back, bud!!!

7. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Good to know that the WRU is giving you something to occupy yourself in this rough time, Mike. Now I feel like I'm contributing in some tiny way to your recovery by following the thread! :)

8. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    Thanks Mike!

Anyone have any word on whether or not the frame rate and/or audio on The Time of the Doctor have been screwed up like on Day of the Doctor (and various other recent BBC releases)? Very much a dealbreaker for me if so.

9. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Supporting Actor

Coincidentally, I was flipping channels tonight and saw an ad specifically for the Catching Fire steelbook exclusively at Best Buy. At the end of the ad, it showed both steelbooks as pictured in the ad and said "The Hunger Games *AND* Catching Fire steelbooks available Friday." So, that's extra confirmation of that. The only real question is why BestBuy.com hasn't updated their listing to reflect that the first one is not Catching Fire.

A different commercial for Wal-Mart advertised that they will have an "exclusive two-movie set" which contains The Hunger Games original and Catching Fire in one case. It did NOT indicate if this contains the bonus disc from the original release of the first film or not. I would be inclined to guess not.

10. David_Jr

David_Jr Supporting Actor

Dave
    Welcome back Mike! Glad you're on the mend.

11. Jake Lipson

A WARNING ABOUT THE BEST BUY STEELBOOKS: They are BOTH single-disc! The first movie completely eliminates the bonus disc fromt the original release AND Catching Fire is NOT a combo pack in the steelbook form. Plus, I don't see anything regarding how to redeem the Fandango cash either even though there was a sticker on the packaging about it that said "details on reverse."

12. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Glad to have you back in the saddle, Mike. I just got out of the hospital myself. Nothing for me this week, though. I will rent Catching Fire.

13. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

When I stopped at Target this morning on the way into work, I was surprised to see a cardboard display with one whole side devoted to the Target-exclusive 3-disc version. Much better stock than they've had for previous exclusives.

14. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I remember on Black Friday 2012, Target had plenty of copies of their 3-disc exclusive of the first Hunger Games. $15, IIRC. Had I known at the time that I would dig the movie, I would've picked it up. :)

15. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

^ I don't know if it's widespread but the Target in my area had restocked the 3 disc exclusive of the first movie and had it for $13.

16. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    Exactly like it says. The details on how to redeem the Fandango cash is on the reverse of the sticker. If you take into account the $16 in Fandango cash, these two steel books cost $11.99. A great bargain no matter which way you cut it. Ill sell the Hunger Games Steelbook ( I have the original release) for $15 or so and I'll be ahead of the game.

17. David Norman

David Norman Cinematographer
    Supporter

Can't help with the Bonus Disc problem, but either BBY or Lionsgate has admitted they screwed up on the Combo issue"To help assist our customers that were expecting to receive the DVD copy with this version, we have partnered with Lionsgate to offer a solution. Please contact Lionsgate by calling 1-877-230-2756 or emailing them at LionsGateShop@orderassistance.com. They will ask to verify your purchase and then work to provide you with the DVD version."Fandango Cash -- is there not a code or is there a missing website?try this link for Divergent Movie CashDivergent Movie Money

18. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    As I said there is a code and a website on the reverse of the sticker.

19. Jake Lipson

Thanks, all. I went through the trash and found the Fandango stickers on the shrinkwrap in the trash (I thought it meant on the reverse of the steelbook, and then looked inside when I didn't find anything.) So I have those. Thanks also for the tip on the DVD, David.

Looks like I'll have to buy Hunger Games again to get the bonus content though.