What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/30 (1 Viewer)

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator
ok i'm going to sound stupid but I'm stupider if i don't ask:
How do you price check at best buy?
I just want to be prepared so I can maybe luck out with a k-mart match with the original.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At Costco, Panic Room SE is $25.99, I didn't see Penn & Teller at all.

Also, the Schindler's List Gift set was marked down to $26.99. I think I'll be taking back my copy of the DVD/novel and getting the gift set for any extra $8 (which gets me the CD soundtrack, and other stuff).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yikes! I checked my local Best Buy today and saw it for $62.99! I'm not in the market or anything...was just looking, thank you.

In the meantime, I picked up the 2-disc Final Countdown for $16.99 and did the 2/$20 deal on Something's Gotta Give and As Good As It Gets. Oh, and I got the Michael Buble for $14.99. Looks like a nice DVD/CD package. Some good bargains.

Matt: You price check at BestBuy simply by picking up the item you want...having the ad for the competing store in your hand and heading to the register. Depending on your store and their training of their employees (or some would argue lack of training) they will either handle it themselves or dispatch you to Customer Service where they will proceed to give you a hard time, de-humanize you, and then turn you down! ;) Only kidding about that last part.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
At Costco today I used their 3/29-4/4) $5.00 off Disney coupons to buy Open Range for $12.99 and Pirates of the Caribbean for $13.79. Other titles in that price range were Under the Tuscan Sun, Chicago, The Recruit, Pulp Fiction, Tombstone, and Gangs of New York.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
The only down side to shopping @ costco for dvd's is if you don't get things the week of release, you find it hard to find things in stock.

Ben Harpold

Agent
I found Panic Room SE at Fred Meyer for 29.99. Not the best deal, but there was a coupon for a free movie from a selected list. Among them were Lawrence of Arabia (1 disc), Taxi Driver (which I chose)and a couple of others.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Something worth noting about Costco - the one I hit (Nashua, NH) did NOT have the 2-disc of Texas Chainsaw Massacre - only the single disc for $17.89.

I headed down the road and picked up the 2-disc at Circuit City for $24.99. It was hard to find! I didn't see any on the New Releases area, and eventually found 3 in the horror section, on the shelf above where they should be. I looked to see if there was some kind of display I'd missed, but didn't find one. Pretty low stock for a high profile new release - although this was the store that didn't have Widescreen Underworld the evening of release.

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
I managed to successfully price match the K-Mart ad for TCM:SE today! :D

I got there just as the store opened (There were a ton of people in the parking lot, then waiting in line at the door. Does this always happen on Tuesdays??), and I was one of the first people to check out. The clerk did a double-take (more like, triple-take) when he saw the ad, but price matched anyway. After the transaction, he asked "Uh, can I keep this?", so I gave him the ad. Hope some others got luckly today!

- Bob

Scott Bell

Stunt Coordinator
I had no problem getting the price match AND the free disc. The guy at check-out told me to go to Customer Service because of the free movie circumstance (he also said that if I get both for $20 than that was "fabulous deal") The cust.serv. lady only looked at the ad and didn't ask any questions. Needless to say; I was a happy camper walking out of there.

BTW this was a BB in Atlanta (Gwinette)

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I was also able to PM and get the origional for free. $19.99 for both not bad. I also got the somethings got to give/as good as it gets combo for $19.99. I already had as good as it gets but hey christmas will be here B4 we know it. Later, Randy B A

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

That's true in some cases although the flip side is that they don't hike their prices after the first week like everyone else...

Joel

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
ANyone see Something Got to Give at Walmart or anywhere cheaper than Circuit City? I already have As Good As it Gets.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI: Costco is also offering a free DVD with the purchase of the Panic Room SE. You can choose from these titles:

Taxi Driver CE
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind
Lawrence of Arabia (single disc)
Doctor Strangelove
Black Hawk Down (single disc)

You'll get a $12.99 rebate at the cash register when you get rung up for the Panic Room SE DVD and one of the above DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks