What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/30 (1 Viewer)

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Best Buy is confusing on their Final Countdown pricing, the web site lists the price as 16.99 if you search on the DVD, but if you then click on the WS version, it's only 14.99, see here

So, I'm going to order it for in-store pickup and save 2 bucks!

Greg S

Supporting Actor

Don't get confused!! The $16.99 one is the 2 disc version with the Lenticular cover. The $14.99 is the 1 disc version. However the website is less than the advertised in-store price.

2 disc with lenticular cover -- HERE

1 disc version -- HERE

Greg

John Geelan

Screenwriter
thanks but no dvd movies for me this week....maybe that new Doobie Brothers title if its a good concert.

i'll rent Final Countdown first before I would buy.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

how do you mean?
the ad price in my flyer says 16.99.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Yes, the advertised price on page 14 of the BB flyer for the 2-disc Limited Edition Final Countdown is $16.99. Sweet!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
O.K, here's the scoop on BEST BUY price matching the K-MART ad for TCM:SE.

I brought the 2 DISC TCM:SE and the original to the counter. I let the clerk ring it all up. I handed him my reward zone card to get the points. THEN, I showed him the KMART ad, which he price matched immediately.

So that's the new 2 DISC TCM:SE and the original TCM for $19.99. Not bad at all.;)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
BTW, the ad price in my local Best Buy flier for Final Countdown 2 Disc SE is $19.99 but it rang up $16.99.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Just got back from Best Buy and picked up the following:

Panic Room

Taxi Driver Collector's Edition - Got this for free with purchase of Panic Room.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (New Line Platinum Edition)

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Pioneer Special Edition) - Got this for free with purchase of the above...already have it in the "meat" package case...this one is just the blade cover on a keepcase.

The Final Countdown (2-Disc LE)

Something's Gotta Give and As Good as it Gets for 20$.

Not bad all in all...got to pick up a couple of titles that I've been wanting but never got around to it.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well I just got back from Wally World where I nabbed BB fro $15 even. That was all I planned to get until I saw a what I feel was a great deal on Married with Children. My local WM had MWC Seasons 1 and 2 for $17 each. I am not sure why they had it priced that way because just yesterday they were full price ($22.96 and $27.96 respectively). Who cares.... I grabbed them and went to the checkout line!!

So all in all a good day for me.

Last stop is CC so I can try to get the 3 Muppet films from the BB ad on the 3 for $20 deal.

Thanks for roundup Mike!!

Greg

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Sh*t.

Forgot to check out if the markdown on Schindler's List happened at Best Buy. Sorry.

Tony_I

Stunt Coordinator
Ahh, that it did. Somehow, I missed it. My bad.

I was wondering why it was so expensive. :b

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
Local Best Buy refused to the Kmart TCM Pricematch w/ free Org TCM. On the phone with BB customer service. They are claiming I am double dipping and that I can only choose 1 offer. I will let you know how it goes. Any yes I know, -NEVER CALL THE STORE. But they have my money!

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
For anyone who's interested, Circuit City was carrying The Final Countdown 2-Disc SE...with the Best Buy cost match it priced out to $16.69.

H

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks