What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-29-2011 (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Target has got my dollars so far today. Picked up the exclusive Black Swan BD/DVD combo for $19.99, same price as Best Buy and Amazon without the DVD. Added bonus for me is the cover with dark background which, again, for some reason, was awarded to the DVD instead of the BD. (I usually prefer a darker or more serious looking image, a good example being Apocalypse Now, DVD vs BD.) Target also had the BD digibook Rocky Horror Picture Show on sale for $16.99, and this had been on my list for quite a while. SOLD.

Stopped at Walmart for a look, just in case -- only to be put off by the selection in general, and the prices higher than Best Buy and Target on several of the items I'd just seen there.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
One other nice thing about this Black Swan BD is the Criterion-style translucent NON-BLUE plastic case. Criterion goes one better by dispensing with the Blu-ray banner section across the top, but what a nice improvement anyway, just being rid of the blue.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
BTW, my Best Buy accepted the $5 DMR coupon for the 2-disc Blu of Tangled, so keep that in mind.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Anyone expecting Disney to issue a coupon for the Tron sets? Or do they only do it for animation? Or is it too soon to know?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Chas in CT

Anyone expecting Disney to issue a coupon for the Tron sets? Or do they only do it for animation? Or is it too soon to know?

Advance copy of Target ad points toward a $5 DMR coupon on Tron Legacy.

I think the Disney site is registered already, but not active yet.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by David Norman

Advance copy of Target ad points toward a $5 DMR coupon on Tron Legacy.

I think the Disney site is registered already, but not active yet.

We hear from Disney PR as soon as they are posted, and I haven't heard anythign yet.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Don't get too excited. . .is the $19.99/ea. price before or after the $8 off for buying both? And if that can be stacked with the $5 off the 4- or 5-disc set, the 4-disc can be had for the same as the 2-disc.

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

So does that mean $19.99 Tron (2 Disc Classic) + $24.99 for Tron:Legacy 3D(4 Disc) - $5.00 (Disney) - $8.00 (bundle price) = $31.98 for 6 discs, rather than $64.99 - $5.00 (Disney) = $59.99 for 5 discs?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Went to my (work) local BB at lunch to pick up Tangled. I figured it's Thursday of release week and I have to get a birthday present anyway. Would you believe they were sold out of the regular 2 disc Blu-ray version? Looking online, the two closest stores to me are both out. Unreal.

Therefore, I'm ordering Tangled and the present online. If they can't stock a Disney movie for crying out loud two days after it comes out, they don't deserve me business.

On a Border's note, got an e-mail saying 50-70% off everything. Now it's time to go back and see what they have in the way of movies...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DennisBassi

So does that mean $19.99 Tron (2 Disc Classic) + $24.99 for Tron:Legacy 3D(4 Disc) - $5.00 (Disney) - $8.00 (bundle price) = $31.98 for 6 discs, rather than $64.99 - $5.00 (Disney) = $59.99 for 5 discs?

I would think it will depend on how close they read/enforce the fine print. The ad reads below the $5 Coupon At Target seems to specifically exclude the use of the Disney $5 coupon and $8 bundle discount, BUT does not seem to exclude the $5 Bunny Munny Target coupon unless Target considers the $8 bundle discount the same as a Target coupon.

The way Target and Disney runs their coupons, it's quite possible that the DMR coupon may even scan for the Classic Tron movie the same way DMR's often scan for 2 Disc and even DVD releases even when the coupon states 4 Disc BluRay edition. A lot of people have already reported that the Target $5 coupon this week scans for the 2Disc Tangled edition even though the coupon states 24.99+ with the suspicion that the Target register takes the 24,99 minimum as the standard Target price and not the actual sales price.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if people get both the Tron Legacy + Tron classic with the $8 bundle price plus 2 $5 off DMR and 2 $5 Target coupons so potentially so anywhere from 16.98 up to 36.98 +tax are possible combinations.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Managed to pick up the Tangled 4-disc combo pack BD today from Target w/ both the DMR and Target $5 coupons (for $15+tax).

Also picked up Mad Men S4 BD set while I was there. Would've gone for Target's exclusive BD+DVD combo of The Black Swan, but was told they sold out already -- oh well...

Am interested in some others released this week, but will probably just wait for better prices first...

_Man_

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool

Would've gone for Target's exclusive BD+DVD combo of The Black Swan, but was told they sold out already -- oh well...

They didn't have the combo of Black Swan at the Target in my area either (do I smell a conspiracy?). The price was the same on the regular Blu-ray and since I have no real need for the extra DVD, I just picked that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks