What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/29/05 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave H.: Just make sure you check out the Apollo 13 thread over in software (I posted the link a few posts back). Just to be sure if you want to jettison the earlier release for the new.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
A Couple of music DVD titles this week:

Morrissey - Who Put the "M" in Manchester

Amazon: $13.99 BB: $16.99 CC: $15.99

Sting - Bring on the Night

Amazon: $14.99 BB: $9.99 CC: $15.99

Regards,

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Yup: and it's not pretty!

After The Sunset is $17.99 thru 4/4
Closer, Apollo 13 SE are both $19.99 each
Murder, She Wrote S1 is $39.99

Time to order more R2 DVDs from Amazon!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was lucky enough to score one of the "freebie" Sin City DVDs at Best Buy after work tonight because there were less then 10 left. I picked up Orgazmo, so I didn't need to try my luck with seeing if a sales clerk would sell me just the Sin City 'freebie' for a penny.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I noticed the Best Buy ad 2 for $15 included the newer, unrated Gia. Unfortunately, there's nothing else in that entire list I'm much interested in at any price.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Thanks as always, Mike!

I wanted to report that Apollo 13 SE was $13.XX at Sam's Club in Atlanta (Clairmont Road). YMMV.

Jay

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Has anyone (Malcolm?!) seen the WB Classic Musicals Collection (Band Wagon, Easter Parade, Brigadoon, etc) for sale at BJs Wholesale Club? And, remember the price?

My wife saw it at Best Buy recently (I think they had it for $53) and it caught her eye.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
My local Sam's Club had TWILIGHT ZONE: SEASON 1 three weeks late but at an awesome price (I think the late $60s). Not surprisingly, they don't have SEASON 2 in stock and I'm wondering if they'll get it. Does anyone else's SC have this on their shelves?

I am tempted to order it online because even with Premium shipping and taxes, I still pay less than Amazon's price. Or do I wait and see? And if they never get it? Their releases are so erratic. They never got WONDER WOMAN:S2 although they did release S1.
-

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was pleasantly surprised to see both season 1 and season 2 of Wonder Woman at Costco for around $25.88 each.

I also took advantage of a coupon in a Costco flyer for Bambi ($5 off, so it ended up being $13.29 + tax), the flyer coupon was also good for a few other Buena Vista DVD/films (Hero, Shall We Dance, and others) until April 3rd.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

Sounds like an HD release is inevitable on this one down the road. That would make a triple dip for this title as I wouldn't be able to resist. The earlier release will hold me over till then. Tempting though.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

Is the unreleased footage just that same clip that was all over the internet back in September? That 54 MB clip with the "Troublemaker Studios" logo that was "leaked"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nick: I don't have the answer to your question....but let me say Happy Birthday to you, too, this week! :D

Day late and dollar short...but better late than never.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit

My local Costco also had a bunch of $12.99 titles that qualified. $7.99 after coupon for the following: Rounders: SE, Pirates of the Caribbean: COTBP, Cold Mountain, Holes, Miracle, and Bringing Down the House. I picked up Rounders and Pirates. I think go back for Cold Mountain and Holes before the sale ends.

Circuit City has a great deal on a 50-pack of TDK CDRs for $7.99. I pmed at Best Buy without a problem.

Thanks again Mike and Patrick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks