What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-25-2008 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Costco also has the first five season sets of "Monk" for $20.99 each. I liberated a copy of S5 from its intolerable imprisonment in the dusty, dirty warehouse. ;) HD observation: Lots of Blu-Ray discs, but no sign of any HD-DVD.

Costco also had several of the Fox Cinema Classics Collection for $9.99 each. I picked up "Jane Eyre," "Anna Karenina," "Les Miserables," "The Snows of Kilimanjaro," and "The Sun Also Rises."

Also, I think that $19.99 price in the grid for "The Mist" 2-disc SE at Circuit City is an online price only. I purchased a copy in-store and it rang up at the regular price of $24.99. I did mention that it was on sale on their website and they matched it, but only after I practically had to lean over the counter and help them surf their own website to find it.

Pretty good service, as I didn't expect them to match their online price (don't they usually claim it's a "separate" business entity?). But when I mentioned the web price, the clerk went right over to their portal to check on it. :emoji_thumbsup: to CC for this visit.

Anyone heard if there are issues with the release of "The Mist"? Costco didn't have any copies at all and at CC I only saw three copies of the 2-disc version, no single discs at all.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Also snagged Gangsters 3 at Sam's Club for the $29.88 price. That's essentially 50% off MSRP and an absolute steal for 6 films. Don't know why Costco didn't carry 3; they did have the other 2 sets.

I've also seen the deal Jay mentioned about the $15.99 Fox sets at Costco. The Jayne Mansfield set is another one included. I recommend the Moto sets for anyone who hasn't gotten them; they're highly entertaining with great bonus features and the restoration job is first rate on each film.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I haven't heard anything. The only store I've been in since Tuesday was BJs Warehouse Club and they had tons of both the 1-disc and 2-disc The Mist.

Excellent job getting CC to price match the cc.com price on The Mist. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks