What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/23 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Although i don't think it's 2-discs. I think that should probably be side A/side B, not disc 1/disc 2. Definitely a steal at BB's asking price of $9.99 IMO. And DeepDiscountDVD should have it at $9.89 shipped, tax-free (unless you live in IL) to beat BB's price, if history stays true here. And for any Muppet fans, they're featured prominently on the video for "Keep Fishin'" (track 12 on the disc).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
if anyone is wondering on final countdown 2 disc ed, the cheapest i have seen is amazon with share the love $18.86.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Scott_J: Thanks for the info on the Weezer DVD! You say you don't think it's all their videos, but remember: they've only had 4 albums and the best one, 'Pinkerton', only had one real video ("El Scorcho") made for it. So this actually is all of their official videos plus some I never knew existed, plus a ton of extra footage. Sounds like a definite future purchase for me.

The "Buddy Holly" video made my parents into Weezer fans, but I remember seeing this band that no one had ever heard of with an MTV 'Buzz Clip' video called "Undone (The Sweater Song)". They were tearing up the place in that video, especially drummer Pat Wilson. I bought the CD (hard to find at the time; now it carries that "The Nice Price" sticker on it!) and the rest is history. The "Keep Fishin'" video with The Muppets was another instant classic!

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Looks like I may hit the 2/$20 special with My Big Fat Greek Wedding and either The Green Mile or Blue Collar Comedy Tour though none of those are must haves.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
The reviews online are indicating that Ransom is indeed a very shoddy looking non-anamorphic transfer. IGN DVD said it was awful, and it also gets a mention in DVD File's review of the new Splash SE.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I'd hit the Wonka and Oz 2/$20 if I didn't fully believe we'll eventually see non-snapper 2-Disc SEs of both in the future.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bryan: to each his own, but I put a :emoji_thumbsup: for The Green Mile.

I think Best Buy has really hit on a nice new promotion with these 2/$15 and 2/$20 (even 2/$30) deals they've had the past few weeks. I've picked up quite a few things there in recent weeks taking advantage of those deals.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the roundup Mike!!

Only thing for me is The Rundown which I picked up at WM for $15, and oh yeah I went ahead and got my little girl the new Kim Possible flick for $14.

See ya next week shoppers!

Greg

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Rundown for me. Thanks Mike!

I'm sort of interested in the Weezer release. I really love the Blue album, and their videos are real masterworks. But I haven't sold myself on owning a music video collection. Would be a new avenue for me. Hmmmm...choices, choices.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
When is the Genesis Wembley concert from? Amazon has NO info other than a running time of 161 minutes. I have a twinkle of hope that it's really old, but a sinking feeling that it's from the height of the Phil Collins top-40 era. . .

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Found the info on Deep Discount. Oh well. . .

Tracklist:

1. Mama
2. Abacab
3. Domino Pt. 1
4. Domino Pt. 2
5. That's All
6. Brazilian
7. Land Of Confusion
8. Tonight Tonight Tonight
9. Throwing It All Away
10. Home By The Sea
11. Invisible Touch
12. Drum Duet
13. Los Endos
14. Turn It On Again medley

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I picked up the Harry Connick, Jr. DVD tonight at FYE. This was a convenience issue for me because I knew it was cheaper at both BB & CC. And my trips out are limited this week due to the health issues. Anyway, just FYI to anyone who might want to know, Connick at FYE is ringing up on sale for $12.99 (Reg. price $14.99).

Users who are viewing this thread