What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/2 (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Dissapointingly, the SG-1 multiple buy deal only works for 2 seasons or all 6. No benefit was realized for having bought 3.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I can confirm that SG-1 S6 price at Costco being $39.99, so it's safe to add to the roundup, Mike.

Also, for those of you with preschoolers or Nick-Jr-aholics in your house, the following came out today:

Nick Jr. Celebrates Spring (Dora, Blue, Little Bill, Max & Ruby, Rugrats). $14.99 at Best Buy.

Dora the Explorer: Dora's Egg Hunt. $14.99 at Best Buy.

Eric Larsen

Agent
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, which I was actually able to see on the big screen as it was originally called The Wind in the Willows features the following on its region 2 disc and I hope will either now or eventually will be featured on a region 1 disc:
Sketch To Screen Including Commentary By Costume And Set Designer Jim Acheson
Go Wild In The Country The Making Of Wind In The Willows
Directors Commentary
Sing A Long With 4 Songs
Original Theatrical Trailer
Aspect Ratio: 1.85 Wide Screen, 16:9 Anamorphic Wide Screen
Available Audio Tracks: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround

As a Monty Python, Disney, and Wind in the Willows fan I greatly hope that Disney will sell an edition that features all available extra content(and an anamorphic print) if they aren't already.

And speaking of MGM nonanamorphic prints there's a R2 special edition of A Fish Called Wanda with:
Something Fishy Documentary
John Cleeses First Farewell Performance Documentary
Deleted Scenes With Introductions By John Cleese
Original Featurette On Location With A Fish
Original Featurette A Message From John Cleese
Alternate Ending
Easter Eggs
Audio Commentary By John Cleese
Photo Galleries
Trailers
TV Spots
Trivia Tracks
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Wide Screen
Available Audio Tracks: Dolby Digital 5.1

I'd buy both in a heartbeat if both region 1 discs carried these already produced features.
Otherwise, it looks like I'll be checking out some of those Circuit City sales.
(And in addition, while I haven't seen the Missionary another MGM nonanamorphic barebones release, it's region 2 features:
Biographies
Film Notes
Photo Gallery
Commentary With Michael Palin
Easter Egg
Available Audio Tracks: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
While Amazon.uk.co doesn't mention it's aspect ratio, and without having seen the film, as a Monty Python fan I would purchase this one as well if the region 1 edition actually offered these features.)

Thanks Mike, Patrick, and everybody for your continued hard work and contributions for those who love experiencing great DVD opportunities.

Aaron Thomas

Stunt Coordinator
Stargate SG-1 at Best Buy.com

Placing 2-5 season sets into your shopping cart at BestBuy.com reveals savings of $7.50 per box, so you can buy Seasons 4-6 and save $22.50.

Stargate SG-1:Season 4 at FYE.com

For whatever reason, FYE.com is selling Season 4 for 32.99. (Shipping costs $2.99 unless you spend more than $49 on the order.)

Aaron Thomas
"It's DOT COM"

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit

That's why I brung my Fry's ad for $37.99 for season 6 and got Seasons 4 & 5 for $7.50 off to complete my collection. :D Two weeks I took advantage of Amazon-CA sale for seasons 1 - 3 which was only eighty three dollars and some change after the exchange rate...Dang! I feel so sales Savvy.:D

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Mike or Greg, can you give us details on the Circuit City MGM disc? Like which clips are on it.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Alrighty here is the scoop on the MGM disc.

Its about 40 minutes long. All scenes are FULL FRAME ONLY which SUCKS but it is a neat little disc. Transfer quality is OK but quite grainy.

(1) Rocky - Training scen with Gonna Fly now playing
(2) West Side Story - I'd like to be in America performance
(3) Annie Hall - Lobster Scene
(4) In the Heat of the Night - Greenhouse scene when Sidney Poitier gets slapped (and he slaps back mind you)
(5) Moonstruck - scene where Cher slaps Nicholas Cage and tells him to snap out of it
(6) Lillies of the Fied - Sidney Poitier and the nuns are singing together
(7) Fish Called Wanda - the scene where Kevin Kline eats fish
(8) Rain Main - where Ray learns how to dance
(9) Platoon - end chopper Evac scene with the awesome soundtrack playing in the background and Charlie's speech
(10) Silence of the Lambs - scene wehre Lechter says he at his liver with some fauvre beans and a nice kianti -- ya know the drill here
(11) Dead Man Walking - The Walk scene
(12) The Graduate - The Wedding scene
(13) Leaving Las Vegas - Why are you killing yourself conversation where she gives him a place to stay for the night (no sex involved)
(14) The Usual Suspects - the scene where Cooyan(sp) puts it all together (the end essentially)
(15) Fiddler on the Roof - If I were a rich man performance

That's about. Nice little disc but a not a deal breaker im way shape or form. My bet is that you could pick this up no matter what MGM title you bought as my local CC was completely clueless when I asked about it.

Greg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Greg: You beat me by a couple hours! :D I watched mine tonight, too! Kind of a snore. As Greg reports these are full-frame couple-of-minute-long clips from the 15 movies he detailed.

My CC was completely clueless (hmmmm. CC = completely clueless? ;) ). I asked at the front register if they had the MGM disk because I could not find it anywhere. She had no idea what I was talking about and I had to show her the flyer. The girl then called alled the guy who was supposed to be in the DVD section, but she then proceeded to find it in a box near the front register. Then, when I checked out, she didn't believe me that Platoon was one of the "qualifying" discs.

Its just a lame ad to get you to buy their DVDs.

EDIT** And, frankly, I was pissed that it seems as if the Platoon scene is a major spoiler to the point of the film.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It's just my local Bowie WalMart, but they had Looney Tunes Back in Action and School of Rock for just over $15 this week.

Neil

P.S. Both OAR and 4:3 ratios were displayed side by side there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks