What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-19-2013 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Picked up the Les Mis Target Deluxe Edition as well as the Walmart Hobbit Digibook. Also decided to get the Hobbit 3D set from Costco for 24.99.

Upcoming deals from the Advance BBY ad for next week shows some nice deals, but also a return of the $10 Gift Card for buying $50+ Bluray Movie and TV sets

3D's for 19.99 -- Ride of the Guardians, Ice Age 3 or 4, Hotel Transylvania plus others

Argo with a nice drop to 14.99

JP individual movies for 16.99 plus $8 Movie Cash to apply to JP 3D.

There is also a $5 coupon at coupons.com for $5 off Ice Age 4 3D

The Hotel Transylvania $5 MQ from Applebee;s Kids Menu expires 3/31 though I don't think it's current at Applebees. if you saved a copy it
would make a nice deal. For current HTF members who will PM me I might be able to help you get a copy.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was in BBY on Sunday. They had a display of Tom Cruise and GI Joe movies for $10ish (War of the Worlds, Minority Report, all 4 MI's, etc.). There is movie cash attached to all of them for GI Joe 2.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
I was in BBY on Sunday. They had a display of Tom Cruise and GI Joe movies for $10ish (War of the Worlds, Minority Report, all 4 MI's, etc.). There is movie cash attached to all of them for GI Joe 2.
Dang just checked their website, one version of Minority Report is $8.99 but backordered and not available for store pickup. The other is $16.99 but not available anywhere near me. Maybe I'll just swing by my local BB and get lucky.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I picked up the Les Miz steelbook at my local Best Buy today. Much better cover art than the standard Blu. :thumbsup:

I actually went Tuesday night to pick up a few other things at BB. Among them was the steelbook of Zero Dark Thirty. There was none...and only one small slot in a huge rack of ZDTs. No big deal. I'm not a rabid steelbook collector. But Zero Dark Thirty seemed like a good candidate for a steelbook.

Les Miz looks and sounds terrific on my gear. I'm quite pleased. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
We got Les Miz at Best Buy as well. This was a terrific looking/sounding Blu! Earlier in the week we had picked up The Hobbit -- and I was equally impressed by the presentation. There is no question but that the quality of Blu-rays for new releases has really been kicked up a notch by the studios over the past 12 months or so. Just as a comparison we plopped the SE of Peter Jackson's "King Kong" BD into the player (which got excellent reviews for A/V quality at the time of it's release) and it looked noticeably softer than "Hobbit". (Viewing on a 96" front projection system.) It also lacked the really incredible depth on display throughout Les Miz. Of course it could just be that the presentations look better now due to refinements in "filming" with digital cameras -- or it could be that better techniques have been developed in the mastering/compression phase. Or it could be a combination of both. Whatever ... It sure is nice!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did post the reviews for Badlands and The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp before the changeover. I'll have to search out those links and paste them here later.

OK, Badlands is here.

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp is here.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I had ordered the Les Mis LE from Target, but as of this morning it had not shipped. So I found a store with it in stock and went there to buy it.

Unfortunately, the display in the blu-ray section was empty except for the DVD. Fortunately, an associate was able to find me two copies of the LE at one of the registers (certainly, not the first place I would have looked).

Sigwolf

Agent
Real Name
Dave
I don't understand why some people are posting that there is no problem with the tables... I'm getting no tables at all, just a compressed list of titles/numbers.

SD-DVD TITLE AmazonBestBuyTarget All Together $26.96 $24.99 Angus Buchan's Ordinary People $19.54 $19.99 Bachelorette $12.96 $14.99 Badlands (CC) $23.99 $24.99 The Big Picture $19.99 $19.99 Cyberstalker $14.96 $14.99 Dark Feed $14.96 $24.99 Ghost Hunters: Season 8 Part 1 $16.99 $16.99 Ghost Storm $16.83 $19.99 Gorgo $12.99 $12.99 The Great Magician $12.95 $12.99 The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey SE (2-disc) $14.99 $16.99 $16.99 The Hunt for Bin Laden (Smithsonian Channel) $19.28 $19.99 Jersey Shore: Final Season $16.99 $16.99 Les Miserables (Friday, 3-22-13 Release Date) $19.96 $16.99 $16.99 The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (CC) $23.99 $24.99 Live at Montreux 1991: Miles Davis/Quincy Jones $13.48 Love for Levon (2 DVDs) $16.99 $16.99 Love for Levon (2 DVDs + 2 CDs) $29.88 $24.99 My Brother Jonathan $22.48 Quincy, ME: Season 5 $29.99 $34.99 Rust and Bone $19.99 $19.99 Shadow People $9.96 $14.99 Straight A's $12.99 $12.99 Strange Frame $19.99 $19.99 This is 40 (Friday, 3-22-13 Release Date) $19.86 $16.99 $17.99 Zero Dark Thirty $17.99 $17.99 $16.99

Is anyone else seeing this, or do I need to do/change something?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sigwolf said:
I don't understand why some people are posting that there is no problem with the tables... I'm getting no tables at all, just a compressed list of titles/numbers.
If by some people you mean me, you must have missed the ;) after my comment.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
David Norman said:
Picked up the Les Mis Target Deluxe Edition as well as the Walmart Hobbit Digibook. Also decided to get the Hobbit 3D set from Costco for 24.99.

Upcoming deals from the Advance BBY ad for next week shows some nice deals, but also a return of the $10 Gift Card for buying $50+ Bluray Movie and TV sets

3D's for 19.99 -- Ride of the Guardians, Ice Age 3 or 4, Hotel Transylvania plus others
What's the link for the "Advance BBY ad" ?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Careful, fellas. We don't do major advance discussions here. The owners have asked that we adhere to a schedule that conforms to the publication of the ads.

That is why you will usually see the posting of a Weekly RoundUp around midnight ET Sunday morning.

All bets are off, however, as to when the WRU for this coming week will be posted. I am still sorting out some of the formatting issues with regards to the tables and images. It might be tonight. It might not. Just another temporary casualty of the move.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I guess it would be less of an issue if this isn't some sort of official site WRU instead of just a member's frequently recurring post (like done on various other forum sites). Not sure about others, but I usually get my weekly circulars dropped off on Wednesdays ahead of the week, which roughly corresponds to when weekly sale posts show up on some of the other forum sites... _Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think the thinking on when to post prices is outdated.All prices can be found on just about every other site sometimes two weeks early.From what I remember this was all due to stores not wanting prices shown too early for Black Friday and that is no longer a factor as there is one site that has ads posted early with endorsement from most stores.Also the Sunday paper is available on Saturday morning and it contains almost all of the important store ads.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think this is definitely a topic probably worth revisiting with ownership. For one thing, the times, they are a-changing...constantly.

The short answer is that the forum did used to receive missives from the various retailers who would be offended that their ads were "leaked" early. I know...I know. At the time, I remember thinking that they should be thrilled that people were interested enough to want to know and want to promote it (as a form of free advertising). But, no, they were serious about not wanting their ads to get out in front of themselves.

Now this was many years ago. In fact, it predates me posting the info (and January marks my tenth anniversary of compiling the WRU). I remember, at the time, my local paper used to release the Sunday ads early (on Thursdays) and was vocal about earlier WRUs. But Ron & Parker were firm on their desire at the time and I have respected that ever since. But maybe things are different now. But, then again, maybe not.

WeeklyRoundupLogo.jpg

croooow

Grip
Real Name
Nicholas
Mike Frezon said:
--Target, this week, has an EXCLUSIVE LEGO FIGURINE OF BILBO BAGGINS with their EXCLUSIVE copies of the Blu Combo Pack of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Quantities limited, no rainchecks.
This is what I purchased for the week of the 19th. I am a huge fan of LEGO. Weird seeing it called a figurine, they are technically called "minifigures"If there are any other adult fans of LEGO (AFOL) here, check out BrickFair.com and WAMALUG.com (neither is any kind of a competing site for Home Theater Forum so I assume it is okay to post the urls)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks