Weekly RoundUp 3-18-2014

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Added to the OP.

Isn't anyone else judging Travis? I mean, c'mon...

TravisR likes this.
  2. terry deto

terry deto Stunt Coordinator

Terry
    Get $5 off a Disney Blu-Ray when you enter Kellogg's Family Rewards™ codes from 3 participating Kellogg's® fruit flavored snacks.Get $3 off Frozen with coupon from Mama Mary's pizzia crust package.

Get $5 off Saving Mr. Banks at Disney movie rewards.

3. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer
    Supporter

David
    Oh, I am too, Mike. I am. :)

TravisR likes this.
  4. RabbitMan3000

RabbitMan3000 Auditioning

Ray
    I can tell you that the Brief History and Hidden Fortress discs are definitely worth it. I've had the good fortune to get my hands on them early and they are outstanding.

I'll likely be picking up Frozen this week and losing all contact with my daughter for the next two weeks.

And why judge Travis so harshly, American Hustle isn't *that* bad. ;)

TravisR likes this.
  5. billyzuko57

billyzuko57 Extra

Did anyone else notice in Target's ad it says "Blu-ray+DVD+digital, 22.99, for Saving MR. Banks? Is this a typo, or a Target Exclusive? Thanks!

6. Scamp

Scamp Stunt Coordinator

Jason
    Saving Mr. Banks actually ring ups $20.99 vs the advertised $22.99 so that was a pleasant surprise. Perhaps they decided to lower the price since it does not include a dvd as advertised in their ad.As to Frozen, they had copies in one of those big towers at the front of the store, a register front end cap, and of course back in the movie section. I would say it was about a 25% exclusive to 75% regular ratio, so I wouldn't wait too long if you plan on picking it up. Most I saw picking the film up were picking up the blu-ray version. Speaking to the ratio of exclusive to regular, the tower up front in my store would have maybe 3 exclusives in the front of a row and then have somewhere around 10 regulars behind them.Luckily, there was one side of the tower that didn't use the coffins, so was able to pick out a slipcover fairly easily. Had to view Mr. Banks thru the coffin, but got one that was fine.

7. Scamp

Scamp Stunt Coordinator

Jason
    Oh, forgot to mention I'm talking about Target in my post.

8. Scamp

Scamp Stunt Coordinator

Jason
    Stopped by my Best Buy within minutes of it opening. I'd say they had less than 20 of the exclusive version with the book. Had it both on an upfront Frozen display rack & in the movie section of the store. Comes with the regular blu-ray combo of the film with the book behind it held together by an extra wraparound. The tough part is finding a slipcover or wraparound that's not dented in some way.Was originally thinking there would be 60 pages of extras to coincide with the 60 journal entry pages, but was deceived by the small ad picture. Thought the right side page in the ad was a journal entry page, and it's not. It's a craft page on building a snowman or snowflake, can't recall which. There's still a fair number of extra pages, just not 60. The journal pages are inbetween the extra pages, which are all of a slick quality paper. Speaking of being slick, watch out for pages sticking together as I had to reflip thru the book when I didn't notice the "Easter Eggs" page on my first go-thru. The journal pages being regular type paper for writing on. There are a few different punch out items in the book, my favorite being the reversable door hanger with the sisters & Olaf welcoming you on one side & the snow monster Marshmallow telling you to Get Out on the other.

9. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Target's Cartwheel app has a 20% off coupon for Mandela (making the final cost $14.39). Also, there are 10% off coupons for Out of the Furnace, Nebraska and The Book Thief.

10. David Norman

David Norman Cinematographer
    Supporter

Black Stallion for $5 didn't take long. Another Fox 50% sale with a lot more choices including The Book Thief for $13 including a free bonus of Anne Frank BDTRU -- Frozen for $8 and Mr Banks for $9.No JB2 in sight or in the system