What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-18-2008 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:laugh: Have I ever shared the time I had to attend Pokemon: The Movie in the theater with a group of young boys (@ a birthday party attended by my son)?!?

Only time I ever dozed off during a film. True story.

David: new forum name? Signature looks familiar...but I'm not placing the forum name.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Yep, new forum name here to match what I use everywhere else (used to be "John David T" here)... but still your same PokePal. ;)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'll send you an email each week telling you what titles I'm interested in, and you can only include those. Hell, lots of weeks you may not have any work to do. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Mike- I have not chimed into this thread too often, it's always great work!

I don't see anyone mentioning that I Am Legend SD-DVD, 2 disc SE is also at Costco for $21.49.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Mike, you have my permission in a couple of months to get rid of the HD-DVD titles.

On another note, there have been a few times when I checked right at midnight and "BOOM!" it was there! I always pictured your finger hovering over the mouse while watching Saturday Night Live.

When I saw QGJ's question, I thought... Don't rock the boat! Anyway, you have my eternal thanks for as long as you are able to do this.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Nah! There was nothing wrong with John's question. Really, I love hearing ideas about how to make the RoundUp better. I'd probably implement all of them...as long as it doesn't make any more work for me! :D

I'll take that HD-DVD offer under consideration, Ric! :) I wonder when the last titles will be. Most of my "new release" sources stopped listing them weeks ago.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Was anyone able to get a copy of Atonement at best buy with the book? The store in Sherman Oaks, CA did not have it in stock, one of the blue shirts told me she thought they would be there Wednesday...

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Hey, Ric. I'm in the same boat as you. Do they allow 2 copies of the same title for this deal? How 'bout we split the deal between you and me? You buy 2 copies of 3:10 to Yuma, and I'll buy one of them from you for $15 + tax + USPS shipping. How's that sound? :D

_Man_

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
AFAIK, you can purchase 3:10 and one of the other titles on the list, then head over to the customer service area and return the one you don't want for a $15 refund; receipt only states that you have to return BOTH if you want the full $30 refund--this is to prevent folks from trying to pull the "well since I was technically charged $30 for just one title and the other one was included for free, I should be able to return one of them for the full $30 refund and still get to keep the other one since it was free" ruse.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Since Warner is the last studio still releasing HD DVDs, it'll probably be the May 27th release of Twister. That is if they don't drop support of the format before then.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, it'll probably be Bandai Visual - they've still got "Freedom 6" planned for June and "Freedom 7" tentatively scheduled for August, and they've apparently confirmed that they will release the entire series on DVD/HD DVD twin discs (single-sided but with both formats). Of course, since only die-hard anime fans are going to pay $40 retail for a disc with 20-30 minutes of content, those releases will fly well below the radar.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Hey, I may give this a try! But, with my luck, they'll probably say, "You get nuthin'! You're returning the free one!"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sorry, everybody...but I had the wrong price on the BD of Enchanted at Best Buy. Instead of $24.99, it turns out to be $29.99.

I went to my local store expecting the former. When I saw the latter, I went to my FYE where it was $27.99.

Even though I had a $5 RZ certificate, I'll use that on something @ BB with a better price.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I am absolutely aghast with the idea you made a mistake, Mike! Complete and utterly disappointed in you! :D

Actually, I'm kinda shocked no one mentioned it here. It is Thursday, after all.

Mary_P

Second Unit
Wow, busy DVD week for me....

from Target
3:10 to Yuma
Waitress

from Circuit City
Enchanted
Aristocats
Stargate: Atlantis S1-3
My Name Is Earl S2
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
I Am Legend

That oughta keep me busy for awhile....

Thanks always to Mike and Patrick for all the work you do in putting the RoundUp together. The grid is one of the first things I look at on Sunday morning (or sometimes Saturday night), and I seem to be constantly sending friends links to these threads when I see some great deal I know they'll be interested in. I just can't understand why they don't have this forum bookmarked like I do.... :)

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Local Sam's Club had the 3 baseball SE's(Bull Durham, Pride & 8 Men Out) for $8.88. Any verdict on the PQ compared to the older releases?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks