What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-17-2009 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Blockbuster will have blu twilight for rent, I have a copy right right now.

also i thought we received retail copies too, i'll have to try to check today.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Yes it was over the top violent and gory, now their's a segment of Punisher fans that wanted that, then there was a segment that liked the Thomas Jane incarnation, Punisher falls so outside the regular stable of Marvel properties its tough how to portray it, it's interesting that the villians origin is almost the same as Nicholson's Joker, substitutung Glass for Acid. In fact the Scene afterward is almost the same. Ray Stevenson of Rome Fame fit the part, but I kept on Thinkins that Titus Pullo deserved better.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I'd never heard of that one until a couple of days ago when I started hearing how great it is from various people.

That David Foster & Friends concert has been broadcast on PBS approximately once every three days for the past couple of months, I think.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Punisher: War Zone abandons all pretense of being serious, and is just gonzo gore and violence and black humor.

Any roundup info for the Paramore: The Final Riot blu-ray being released to coincide with Twilight on the 21st?

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H

I'll second that recommendation for LET THE RIGHT ONE IN.
A really nice surprise from last year.

James@R

Second Unit

It's interesting how that has happened, since that version was also heavily criticized upon release. Most people hated the changes to the character- particularly the fire hydrant gag. It just goes to show what a difference five years can make.

The villains are definitely a throwback to the comic style of the late eighties/early nineties (ie. Batman, The Flash, Dick Tracy, etc.)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Has anyone noticed, by any chance, if Target might be carrying either The Robe or Quo Vadis on blu-ray this week?

I highly doubt it...but I've been surprised before. I figure The Robe on BD @ Target might be a possibility.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I was in Target this morning, but didn't see it with the new releases...however, not having a BD player I don't check out the full BD section.

I DID notice the Batman Anthology BD box set for $84.99 (reg. $99.99) as an unadvertised special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks