What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/1/05 (1 Viewer)

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Toys R Us does pricematch. They always take my ad and cut out the sale price. They never combine offers though (so if they are for example giving away a stuffed animal or such you won't get it with a pricematch).

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Bambi and Wonder Woman for me this week. Rent Spongebob and Flight of the Phoenix.

The only thing I wouldn't mind being added is Media Play, because I have their Replay card.

Thanks for the hard work you always put into this, Mike.

Jimmy!

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks as always Mike. Just Bambi for me this week.

As for your question, I like it the way it is. I've never shopped at DDD. Our Best Buy and Circuit City are literally across the street from each other, so my weekly routine is-- if Amazon has it cheapest, I order it just after reading the roundup. Otherwise it's BB & CC, whoever has the best price.

Christopher_H

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for roundup Mike. I think I'm in agreement with the others. I like the Roundup the way it is, but would really like the addition of DDD. The only problem is they change prices mid-week on some of the new releases. I don't think it is necessary for you to edit the Roundup mid-week. After all, you do us a great service by getting this out every week and we really appreciate it.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Bambi and Brady Bunch for me this week. As for the RoundUp, I say leave it as it is...for MOST titles, I shop at one of the B&M stores, otherwise I order online from Amazon for obscure stuff. DDD.com has been inconsistent with its service, so I don't usually take them into account. Great job!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Target has some online coupons available for some new releases this week (but must be redeemed in-store):
Buy The Spongebob Squarepants Movie AND either Season One or Two on DVD and save $5.00
Buy Bambi AND Mulan 2 and save $5.00

The coupons are good until 3/14 and 3/19 and can be accessed here

Stephen L

Second Unit
Thanks Mike ,first thing I check on Sunday .Expensive week , I'm grabbing Hoosiers ,Bringing Up Baby , Bambi ,Sponge Bob and SCTV 3

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
The BB price on Hoosiers really surprised me. I pre-ordered this several weeks ago when the lowest price was $19.95. I thought it appropriate that I pre-ordered it from a company in Indiana, though.

I might pick up Bambi. I remember seeing it with my, then 3 year old daughter, who thought the movie was over after the fade-out in the first scene. It was her first animated movie she had seen and was used to the shorter cartoons on TV.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Mike – Thanks for your efforts each and every week for your hard work putting the Weekly RoundUp together.

Also, thank you Patrick for researching and listing all of the B&M catalog deals each and every week. It’s great to have these all listed in one location (I usually end up missing a title or two when I’m looking through all of the Sunday circulars on my own.)

Mike,

I can’t begin to imagine the time you already spend putting this together. That being said, I’m not sure that there’s a benefit for you spending additional time adding any additional e-tailers to the grid. It’s easy for any one of us to pop over to DVDPriceSearch.com and check the prices for ourselves at our own personal favorite e-tailer. In addition, release week pricing is not “static” at some of the e-tailers as pointed out in previous postings. I do like the idea of one e-tailer in the grid as a reference point. I’d recommend using the one (Amazon, DDD, or other) that has the largest selection, release-week static pricing, and is the easiest to obtain data / pricing from.

My suggestion: Use the new (last) column you added this week, along with a code or legend, for “non-regular” B&M weekly circular deals. This could be used for any non-regular CompUSA, K-Mart, Sears, Toys-R-Us, etc. new release deals. For example, the last column would look like (sorry, I can’t do that table formatting thing):

Round-Up Grid
Title 1 . . . $14.98 TRU
Title 5 . . . $13.98 K
Title 9 . . . $13.98 Comp

Below Round-Up Grid
Legend: Comp = CompUSA, K = K-Mart, S = Sears, and TRU = Toys-R-Us

Whatever changes are made, or not made, it can’t be said too many times what an invaluable resource this is – so Thank You again.

For me this week:
Definitely: Bambi SE
Considering: Flight of the Phoenix and Hoosiers CE
Catalog Titles: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang SE and Follow Me Boys! (Hope to pick-up these titles this morning at Target.)

MattGentry

Second Unit
Mike, once again, thank you for the RoundUp. Quite the useful resource...

For the second week in a row, nothing for me. Probably for the best, considering the amount of purchasing I'll be doing in the upcoming weeks.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Maybe Wonder Woman, but I'd be buying from CostCo, which means there's no rush to get the best price.

Thanks as always.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Another great effort, Mike! Though I was also wondering about the Classic Comedies Collection set. :)

My only thoughts about the Sam's/Costco/BJs issue is that Costco and Sam's are both nationwide while BJ's is currently only east/northeast (from New England west to Ohio, south to the Carolinas). So to the overall membership, Costco/Sam's might be more useful than BJ's.

I'd love to be able to feed you Costco prices, but although I am nearer to Costco than BJ's ("nearer" being a relative term here in Vermont: 40 miles vs. 50 miles), I still don't generally get there more than once a month or so.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Okay...okay!

I missed it! I don't know how...but I missed it. It has been added to the grid! I think george is right. Find a good deal on the set and you are WAAAAAAY ahead of buying the titles individually.

EDIT** Just did the math (Frezon Lousy Math, Inc. at it again!).

The six titles at Amazon.com total $94 when purchased separately. $49 in the set. That's a $45 savings! :eek:

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Does anybody know what Target's price is for Mulan 2? Target.com shows $22.49. That's a little too high for a direct-to-video Disney, but if it was $19.99 or below in-store then I might consider using that $5 coupon.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Target.com's prices are different from in-store because it's run by Amazon.com (that's also why the coupons are in-store only). I'll check back with the prices later today, if possible.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I read this thread every week. MOstly, though, it is for B&M prices... although, I would like to see AMAZON and DDD on there. Those are viable online alternatives.

Overall, a great thread. Can't live without it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Eric: Excellent! :emoji_thumbsup: I was wondering the very same thing as Glenn! Target already has an excellent price on Bambi...so, you might say that $5 coupon could be held against Mulan II. If Mulan II is clocking in at $19.99, that would mean $15.99 for Bambi and $14.99 for Mulan II and that would be a pretty darn good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks