What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-7-2012 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
ARGH! The local Disney Store reached their pre-order limit on L&tT already. However, heads up: They mentioned that starting tomorrow, they're running the same deal on The Muppets. Hopefully there'll be a DMR coupon for that too. :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Lady and the Tramp for sure, most likely when I get out of work tonight. The only question is where. Do I want to deal with the inane security at TRU or just go to BB to make life easy and the RZ points. Prolly a game time decision based on how the next 8 hours go...

Good to see your name back in the OP, Mike!

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
For those hitting the stores for Lady and the Tramp, here's a few notes:
  1. Best Buy & Target only have the 2 disc combo in either the dvd or blu packaging; they do not have the 3 disc with digital copy available in their stores (or at least the ones I checked did not) (not surprised at Best Buy as they do not have the 3 disc discounted on their website)
  2. the free plushie at Best Buy is available as either Lady or Tramp, but they are only a couple of inches high with what looks like velcro on their paws to wrap around pencils/pens (it'll cost you $5 for the other one as you only get one free with purchase unless you plan on buying two copies of the movie) (looks like they had in the neighborhood of 8-10 of each character available at the 2 stores I visited)
  3. Toys R Us does have the 3 disc available in store & at the best price ($24.99), but the 2 disc is only available in the dvd packaging (that $5 gift card with purchase isn't bad either although make a note that it must be used by March 31st)
Looks like the neatest give-a-way is at a store in Mexico called Liverpool (I think that's the right name); they are giving away a large brass looking coin with purchase. Looks fantastic in the pics I saw online. If anyone happens to be down that way and can pick one up for me, drop me a line.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Going over to BB in a while. The third disc is only the digital copy thing, right?

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Chas in CT said:
Going over to BB in a while.  The third disc is only the digital copy thing, right?
Correct; the 3rd disc is the digital copy. Although there has been talk that the digital copy comes with a couple of extra deleted scenes; not sure if that's true or not.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That's lame about the Best Buy toy. The Po toy they gave out with Kung Fu Panda 2 was an actual Beanie Baby.

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
My Target did have the 3-disc Lady and the Tramp blu ray for $27.99. In fact, it appeared they had just as many 3-disc as 2-disc. With the upgrade coupon from Disney the price of the 3-disc was the same as the 2-disc ($27.99 - $8 coupon vs. $24.99 - $5 coupon).

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Scott Shanks said:
My Target did have the 3-disc Lady and the Tramp blu ray for $27.99. In fact, it appeared they had just as many 3-disc as 2-disc. With the upgrade coupon from Disney the price of the 3-disc was the same as the 2-disc ($27.99 - $8 coupon vs. $24.99 - $5 coupon).
Thanks Scott. Makes sense as they did advertise the 3 disc combo; perhaps the ones near me just hadn't put them out. Did not actually ask anyone at Target whether they had them or not; just went by what was on the floor. Did ask at Best Buy though; in fact, they said other customers had asked as well as they had $8 coupons they wanted to use. The rep at Best Buy even gave Target as an example of another retailer that hadn't gotten the 3 disc set.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Aaron Silverman said:
That's lame about the Best Buy toy. The Po toy they gave out with Kung Fu Panda 2 was an actual Beanie Baby.
True; I'd actually gone in expecting to get a Tramp as I had Lady plushies from earlier dvd/vhs release give-a-ways and was definitely surprised to see the size of the plushie this time around.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'll tell you what's even lamer about Best Buy -- my store not only didn't have the (mini)-plushies displayed, no one knew about them, nor could they find any or verify that they were supposed to have had them in the store in the first place. It took several "associates" and one customer service type to come to the conclusion that it must be some sort of mail-in deal. They also didn't know (and absolutely didn't care) that they didn't have the 3-disc set -- all of this in spite of the fact that the Disney stand-up display hawks all of these things. Not that I care about getting a plushie, believe me, but I was so put off by the ignorance and attitude that I walked out without buying the BD. I just couldn't reward that. Not this time. They used to be second to none when it came to marketing new Disney releases.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I should have checked the chart more carefully, anyway -- Target's cheaper on Lady and the Tramp this week. Providing they take the Disney coupons, which I think I've used there in the past.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Chas in CT said:
I should have checked the chart more carefully, anyway -- Target's cheaper on Lady and the Tramp this week.  Providing they take the Disney coupons, which I think I've used there in the past.
I've never had any problem using them at Target. I actually went with Best Buy because of the plush not realizing it was going to be so small. I've gotten many of them over the years at Best Buy and my kids seem to enjoy them. They'll probably like the mini plush too, but I feel a bit duped.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nice to see that Amazon dropped the price on the 2-disc Lady and the Tramp to $22.99 (from $24.99)--just in time to hit their pre-order price guarantee.

I know I could have done better elsewhere...but the way things have been going the past couple weeks...this was all about convenience.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I put up the review for La Jetée/Sans Soleil earlier this evening. It can be found here.

I'll have The Rebound up tomorrow night. It just came today.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I pre-orderd Lady and the Tramp awhile back when Amazon was doing its $10 discount. I thought I paid $17.99 for the two-disc, but it's actually the three-disc!

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Mike, I dropped in to check out the deals on Lady and read about your recent health issues. Really hope you get better soon. I don't hit up the forum as much as I used to back in the day, but it's comforting to see your weekly roundup is still a fixture here. Thanks for keeping it up so faithfully.

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
Chas in CT said:
I'll tell you what's even lamer about Best Buy -- my store not only didn't have the (mini)-plushies displayed, no one knew about them, nor could they find any or verify that they were supposed to have had them in the store in the first place. It took several "associates" and one customer service type to come to the conclusion that it must be some sort of mail-in deal. They also didn't know (and absolutely didn't care) that they didn't have the 3-disc set -- all of this in spite of the fact that the Disney stand-up display hawks all of these things. Not that I care about getting a plushie, believe me, but I was so put off by the ignorance and attitude that I walked out without buying the BD. I just couldn't reward that. Not this time. They used to be second to none when it came to marketing new Disney releases.
I had the same experience. While there I browsed around and their selection of CDs was absolutely dismal. I went to Target and purchased the 3 disk with the Disney coupon. Best Buy continues to get less relevant every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks