What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-6-2007 (1 Viewer)

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
The Circuit City I went to near the Galleria in Houston has "Gone With The Wind" on sale for $9.99, and their sales staff insisted it was not the 2 disc special edition, but rather the older one disc edition. However, the UPC code on the package (which says nothing about the number of discs inside) matches that listed for the 2 disc special edition on IMDB (12569 68000). So I took a chance on it, and lo and behold -- the case contains two discs.

The other sale specials that I checked were "as advertised", including "Flags of Our Fathers" for $14.99 (plenty of copies on the shelf) and the six James Bond titles for $9.99 each or $7.99 each if you buy two or more on the same receipt. They had all six in stock, but only a few copies of a couple of the titles -- and this was on Tuesday, so they will probably run out of those by the end of the week.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think I just ran into some stores with lazy shelf stockers yesterday. Ended up back at that same Wal-Mart tonight and they had plenty of "Flags" up on the shelves. Got my WS copy! :emoji_thumbsup:

Now I just need to get to my local BB for Here Comes Mr. Jordan.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me this week (tho "Hollywoodland" is a tempting rental). My local Target had ALOT of titles not advertised:
Several (4?) James Bond discs at $9.99; Hellboy at $14.99, Delirious at $14.99 and also saw Arabian Nights, but can't remember the price.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, the weird thing - I went to Frys and they didn't have American Psycho either??? So we stopped by a different Best Buy for something else and they had plenty of copies on the shelf - must have been a late delivery or another one of those lazy issues....

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I've noticed a bit of the same here. BD and HD-DVD titles that don't show up on Tuesday are almost always there by Thursday afternoon. I assume it's a distributor issue so I've been ordering everything from Amazon. If I'm not going to get it till Thursday I might as well have it delivered to me at home. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks