What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-27-2007 (1 Viewer)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

My, my, aren't we a greedy bunch? ;) If the disc came in a regular DVD keepcase, I might consider making multiple trips to the register, but seeing as it isn't, one was good enough for me.

The BOGO offer worked for me this morning; will probably make another trip this afternoon (as I didn't have my want list with me).

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

I thought this deal was good with "new releases" only, I had one in my hands, Hmmmm:crazy: I'll try tonight, I have to go through there anyways on my nightly Cuban coffee rounds :D

John Swarce

Second Unit
I went this morning with low hopes of getting in on this deal. Over at DVDTalk, someone mentioned that corporate knew about this glitch and was going to correct it this AM. So I got there at 11 AM, and picked up Batman Returns and Mystic River, plus two 300 discs (I also had a $5 Reward Zone certificate). the cashier rang them up, told me the total was $5.xx (after certificate). So I thought, wow the deal is still on! Checked my receipt in my car and found that she did not ring in the Batman Returns movie:eek: . So I STILL didn't know if the offer was still on.

I went back to the store about an hour later and picked up Poseiden and Heat and two more 300 discs and they rang up as a B1G1. The same cashier hesitated as she told me the $10.xx total after tax, but let it go.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
At least it took away some of the guilt of getting Batman Returns for nothing....it would have been free anyways!

I wish I didn't have most of these movies already, or I would go back for more!

--John

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
*will not look at the sale, will not look at the sale*

*will stay away from the store*

Damn this habit! :)

Jason L.

Second Unit

Interesting - I just tried to buy HEAT SE and Magnolia a few hours ago at BB and it rang up as 19.99. I then told the cashier that I didn't want Magnolia and I only purchased Heat SE for 9.99.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Rob from another forum posted this as the list of titles that were eligible for the B1G1F deal (never know when it'll expire, though):

Amadeus: Director’s Cut (2-disc)
Batman Returns SE (2-disc)
Batman SE (2-disc)
Boogie Nights (2-disc)
Bullit SE (2-disc)
Casablanca (2-disc)
Chariots of Fire SE (2-disc)
Citizen Kane (2-disc)
Constantine (2-disc)
East of Eden (2-disc)
Enter the Dragon SE (2-disc)
Giant SE (2-disc)
GoodFellas (2-disc)
Gothika (2-disc)
Heat (2-disc)
King Kong 1933 B&W SE (2-disc)
Lost Boys SE (2-disc)
Magnolia SE (2-disc)
Million Dollar Baby (3-disc)
My Fair Lady (2-disc)
Mystic River SE (3-disc)
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest (2-disc)
Phantom of the Opera SE (2-disc)
Philadelphia Story (2-disc)
Poseidon (2-disc)
Rebel Without a Cause (2-disc)
Room with a View SE (2-disc)
SE7EN: Platinum Series (2-disc)
Shawshank Redemption (2-disc)
True Romance SE (2-disc)
Unforgiven (2-disc)
V for Vendetta (2-disc)
Yankee Doodle Dandy SE (2-disc)

Before my haul on Sunday, I had 15 of them, and now up to 25 out of 33 on the list. I need help.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm still at work, so no chance to see. At worst there are 2-4 titles that I want to try to get anyway, and if I could get the 300 preview DVDs from that purchase, that would be fine with me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My local BB wanted to do separate transaction to ring up the free 300 DVD for each purchased DVD, and I had 6 DVDs, and I just passed on the deal (no way I wanted to ring up 6 separate transactions, plus it would negate the B1G1F effect). I could have settled for 3 separate transactions (buy 2, get 1 300 DVD free), but I just didn't have the stomach for it, so I just left.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That's idiotic. The ad says "Get a DVD trailer for the movie 300 PLUS Free Movie Cash to the movie, instantly, when you buy a DVD." Nowhere does it say anything about separate transactions. They should have allowed you three when you purchased the six. I got two when I purchased my four last night. I hate when the man (wearing a blue shirt) beats us down... ;)

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Somehow the element of not knowing when the B1G1 promotion is going to end (i.e. when the "glitch" is going to be fixed) adds an extra element of excitement. I've got almost every title on the list, but I'll still probably swing by BB tomorrow to pick up two that I don't have.

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
GUYS:hope Mike and/or multiple people are reading this. The Goodfellas,True romance,V for Vendetta, and Seven were all out of stock at the store closest to me. Can or should I buy them online, say I'm picking them up at another store about 25 minutes away, and then change the store location when the store 3 minutes away from me gets them on Friday? Can you order them online and B1G1? Or if the sale ends, should i just use my receipt from today to try to get the deal?(Why do I get the feeling that won't work at all?:frowning::frowning::frowning:) Also, what is this 300 DVD you speak of? In my store, it said it was $9.99...........so i passed it up. Is it free? Should I take my receipt back and get 3 then? (bought 6 SE DVDs). Any and all info/help would be appreciated..........

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That's the one. It's free. It's got a trailer for the movie 300 and a $10.50 movie cash ticket to see the film when it hits theaters. Free with ANY DVD purchase. Minimum 90 per store. Why they've got it priced at $9.99, I don't know.

But between the four SEs I bought Monday night along with the two $10 300 DVDs...my son was pretty impressed with my shopping ability to be walking out of the store with $120 worth of DVDs for just $20. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I agree about the "mystery" element, Bob! :D

And I'm thinking the same as you...there's nothing else on the list I need...but I know that I'll be kicking myself when the next holiday season rolls around and I think how I could be giving out these great SEs as gifts at just $5 a pop.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

the deal was still on last night, I was able to add "Batman returns " and "Enter the Dragon" , but couldn't find any "One flew over..." to replace my old original disc, they also allowed me to take two of those "300" promo discs, one for each movie. Besides the free ticket the disc is pretty good as it goes into details on the making of "300", it is about 30 minutes long. .

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's nothing mind blowing but if you're picking up the movie, you might as well grab it at BB since they're the cheapest and you get the bonus disc too. Also, I hear the movie is f***ing insane and better than the Citizen Kane. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks