What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-25-2014 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Steve Tannehill said:
Welcome back, Mike!Someone in one of the Gravity threads posted that Walmart will have the 3D edition for $19.96. I believe this is net after getting a $10 gift card. But I don't see any evidence of this online...anyone?
My Walmart had the 3D combo of Thor 2 for $21.96 (regular Blu for $18.96). They also have an exclusive extra, "Loki: The God of Mischief," but it's a streaming feature via VUDU, not on the disc itself.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
At Best Buy, this week, an EXCLUSIVE Collectible Steelbook Case with Thor: The Dark World.
Apparently, Best Buy pulled a Jaws on the steelbook, only shipping a handful of copies to stores yet dedicating 1/2 page of their weekly ad touting the exclusive. Most stores were sold out in minutes.

The good news is that the regular packaging release of the 3D Blu-ray is the same price - $22.99.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Todd Erwin said:
Apparently, Best Buy pulled a Jaws on the steelbook, only shipping a handful of copies to stores yet dedicating 1/2 page of their weekly ad touting the exclusive. Most stores were sold out in minutes.
Sounds like Best Buy ... doing everything they can to piss off the few customers they have left.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Todd Erwin said:

The good news is that the regular packaging release of the 3D Blu-ray is the same price - $22.99.
That's not a shock. I think Jaws release day was the biggest cluster I've experienced there for a new release. It led to having a totally insipid conversation with the manager. She was clueless.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
With regard to the Thor 2 steelbook, I assumed that would happen. The nice thing about Best Buy is that you can order online for in-store pick-up. I ordered my copy of the steelbook at 9:30AM Tuesday and then it was there waiting for me when I picked it up Wednesday evening.I hardly ever roll the dice anymore with a title actually being on the shelf at Best Buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks