What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-19-2013 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Originally Posted by Jeff Cooper
Fry's website is advertising $24.99 for Game of Thrones Season 2 on Blu-Ray.
In store price was $29.99 on the shelf and at the register, but I was able to get them to price-match their own website, and got it for $24.99. A great bargin!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
For those interested, the sticker on the Target exclusive of Argo just says "30 minutes of exclusive bonus content" IIRC. Sorry, I'm at work and it is in my car. No idea what those 30 minutes actually are. Oh and a warning: you have to pick up one with that sticker if you want the bonus content. It has a different slipcase than the standard Blu-ray of Argo. And yes, they're carrying both and they're side-by-side (at least they were in my store). So if I wasn't paying attention, I could have picked up the regular non-exclusive version.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Carlo Medina said:
For those interested, the sticker on the Target exclusive of Argo just says "30 minutes of exclusive bonus content" IIRC. Sorry, I'm at work and it is in my car. No idea what those 30 minutes actually are.
I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but based on the back of the case, it looks like it's 3 featurettes.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I decided for GoT, to get the lion cover from BB since I have one of those previous covers for season one, over the Target interview. BB is selling the exclusive covers for $35 and have the standard cover matching Target at $30. Just for giggles I went up to cs to ask for a price match even though its an exclusive and luckily the new rep in there allowed the match not realizing it was an exclusive. Also I saw on the news last night that starting march 1st BB will be price matching essentially all online sales prices, so good luck with that.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks for another WRU, Mike. I may see about picking up both seasons of GoT at Target given all the raves. Had been avoiding it as usual (when it comes to TV shows). _Man_

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Carlo Medina
Oh and a warning: you have to pick up one with that sticker if you want the bonus content. It has a different slipcase than the standard Blu-ray of Argo. And yes, they're carrying both and they're side-by-side (at least they were in my store). So if I wasn't paying attention, I could have picked up the regular non-exclusive version.
Tony nailed the pictures of the Target EXCLUSIVE...I just figured I would confirm Carlo's description of the side-by-side appearance difference:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Is Game of Thrones especially violent?
Given the genre and that it is produced for cable there is sex and violence in the series. I guess especially violent is a subjective term. The violence tends to be short and kind of brutal but for the most part it is reasonably realistic. It doesn't shy away from violence, but I don't think it revels in it either. IMHO, it is no where as violent (at least in terms of graphic nature) as Spartacus (the Starz series) or the film 300. Nor is the violence stylized in the manner of that show and film with CGI'd buckets of blood. The show is easily one of the best things on television with great production values and a fine cast of actors and wonderful dialog. I don't think I can recommend any contemporary show more highly than this one. Be prepared for a long haul if you get into the show though. The upcoming season (three) is said to comprise the first half of the third book (of an eventual seven books). Given the length of books 4 and 5 (which I have not read as of yet) the series has the potential to last at least a decade. - Walter.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Walter. I suspect I will stay away for now. There's no way for me to get into something of that sort since my wife has zero interest (or, maybe more accurately, zero tolerance) for such fare. I often have a hard time working-in viewings of theatrical action-adventure films since our theater is in the living room.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I generally don't get into these extra violent shows but the stories are Great with this specific show as it isn't just about violence and sex. This is what I didn't like about the Sparticus series. That's more stylized sex and violence and not all that interesting to me.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
There are plenty of violent events, and there is plenty of onscreen nudity/sexual content, but I don't particularly think of it as a show that's a showcase for onscreen violence. A good deal of the violence happens offscreen, and the focus is always on the characters.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I suspect I will stay away for now.  There's no way for me to get into something of that sort since my wife has zero interest (or, maybe more accurately, zero tolerance) for such fare.
If your wife really doesn't like those kinds of things, you'll never get her into the show. The show has its positives but there aren't enough to overcome all the violence and deviant sex.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Mike Frezon said:
Thanks, Walter. I suspect I will stay away for now.  There's no way for me to get into something of that sort since my wife has zero interest (or, maybe more accurately, zero tolerance) for such fare.  I often have a hard time working-in viewings of theatrical action-adventure films since our theater is in the living room. 
Perhaps invest in some spa weekend coupons for the missus...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Toddwrtr
My review of The Nest can be found here.
Originally Posted by MattH.
The review for Atlas Shrugged Part II can be found here.
Thanks, fellas. Off to the OP!
Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein
Perhaps invest in some spa weekend coupons for the missus...

Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt
Spurred on by Mike's recommendation , I was standing outside Target at 8 AM this morning. As much as I hated to drag myself out the door any earlier than I possibly had to, it's probably the smoothest a trip to Target has ever gone. I was in and out in five minutes, no wait at the register.
It reminds of when my dad would get me awake as a young boy for an early morning fishing trip. I had never seen the lake so still...or the early morning fog lifting...
The wonders of an early morning...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That changed to in-store pickup only sometime in the last 24-36 hours.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Seems to come and go I guess. It was available for online purchase earlier this morning. _Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks