What's new

Weekly Roundup 2/18 (1 Viewer)

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
My Costco had M*A*S*H for $25.99 also though I had placed the order for that title with DDD for $25.89 shipped. I get a 2% discount at Costco but the sales tax makes the DDD deal better though a much longer wait.

I also saw the $4 off coupon and got Kiss the Dragon since I already have all other titles that I'm interested in from that group. $8.99 sure makes some on this list a major deal (Cast Away, Courage Under Fire DTS, ...), especially after my additional 2% discount.

Costco is also offering a bunch of titles at $12.99, like Gone in 60 Seconds (which I picked up as a guilty pleasure at this price).

Thanks as always, Dave. This was an expensive week for me with One Hour Photo, Color Purple SE, Gone in 60 Seconds, and Kiss the Dragon from the B&M's, as well as Metropolis, M*A*S*H, and Stargate UE from DDD. It looks like the price lead is shifting back to the etailers on some titles after being consistently whipped by the B&M loss leader mentality for some months.

Joel

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Stargate UE is 12.99 at Costco, just in case you're near one, vs. Best Buy or CC, hadn't already ordered it for 11.43 shipped from DDD, and don't want to wait for delivery.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
(They also no longer had How Green Was My Valley, which I was all set to pick up)
I think they ordered these Fox Classics in small quantities. At my Costco, all I saw was one case during week of release which was a combination of all three titles. The next time I was at that store, I only saw a single copy of each remaining.

I still haven't been able to find "An Affair to Remember" anywhere.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I was able to snag Cinema Paradiso at my Costco (Madison Heights, MI) for $17.99.

I returned the $22.99 copy to Best Buy!

I also got Mash Season 3 for $25.99 and The Color Purple for $17.99 at Costco.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my funny best buy of the week story.

a few weeks ago i bought predator 2 from BB.com along with another movie.
the other movie arrived within about a week.
but P2 was on backorder, as many of you will remember.

so it finally came this past wednesday.
my plan was to get the circuitcity add and price match, since it was about $2 cheaper that way, and extra 10%of the dif.
so of course they can't do a simple price match because .com and the actual store are 2 diferent entities.

the only way to do it is to return the dvd at the store and re buy it right there at the same time.

so he apparently does the return part and as he is writing up the slip i notice he wasnt including the extra 10%.
so i ask about it. he says i guess so and goes to check with the manager because he cant figure out how to do it.
she comes back and explains to me that she can price match it but not give the extra 10% because it wasnt on a previous purchase, and she pointed to the sign on the wall that explains about the policy.

so i pointed back at the sign and showed her it says nothing about the purchase being "previous", it just says bring in the add and get 10% of the diference.
so i pointed out to her that many times i have bought something at the register, then came right over to the customer service desk, as instructed by the csr, and pricematched with the 10%.

"no we don't do that"

i also pointed out that i have done this right at the register.

it didn't matter.
no matter how firmly i pointed out that none of their paperwork said i cannot perform the pricematch,10% on the same transaction, she wouldn't do it.
she would only price match.
the only way i would have been able to do it is if i left and came back at another later time frame. so i reminded her how rediculis that is and it didn't matter.

so i just said return it i don't want it i'll go down the street and buy it at CC.

and she still wouldn't budge on the 30 cent price difference.

finally she said the computer wouldnt allow her to return it. i would have to mail it back to the .com myself and pay for my own postage.

now i had to argue with her about that. i reminded her about the commercial when the dog buys dvd's and the people return them to the store.

she couldnt do it. it was a computer error.
so she goes in the back and presumably was on the phone with someone trying to return it in the store.
after 45 minutes she came out and said there was nothing that could be done.

most of the entire time, there was a young girl right next to us who was doing the same thing as me.
returning one .com dvd and exchanging it for another.
of course it had to be returned then buy the other dvd with the returned money.

it workerd for her and i made sure the woman who i was with new about it.

so i leave after 50 minutes dvd still in hand.

when i get home i check my email and find one that says.....

We wanted to let you know that we've received the items you have returned to us, and we have credited your account. We hope that you have found our return service top notch. The details of your return are below.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Heh. Tony, that was an experience and a half. Shitheads.

Am I correct in deducing that you ended up owning this for free, despite their blatant disregard for their own policies?

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Typical Best Buy...

Sorry to hear about your experience Tony...

They simply don't understand customer service.

Also, most of my poor experiences with Best Buy stem from the fact that they don't act like the big franchise they are. You are supposed to be able to return something to any Best Buy, regardless of where you bought it (including the .com). However, many times, I have had them refuse to accept a return because I bought the item at another store... :angry:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
However, many times, I have had them refuse to accept a return because I bought the item at another store...
Odd. I bought my Mom a TV/VCR combo for Christmas 2001. The one I purchased at a New Hampshire store didn't work, so I exchanged it for another at the Vermont store. BB was fine with this, no hassles.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
so i pointed back at the sign and showed her it says nothing about the purchase being "previous", it just says bring in the add and get 10% of the diference.
I have this same problem a lot of the time when I am trying to price match at BB. I find myself shopping there less and less every week because of their horrible customer service.

Chris S.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
dave, yes i did get it for "free", after "spending" 1 hour in the store.:D

one thing i forgot to mention was that she also tried to say something about the tax on the dvd possably causing the return problem since i live in PA but the return was in DE store. no sales tax in DE.

this is the only time I had any of the problems in this store, such as those i have read about on this forum and others.
while i was waiting i spoke to a csr that told me the management has changed many times over the last 6 months at this store.

:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks