What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2/17 (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Here ya go, Mike:

(from urbandictionary.com)

DOMED: The act of getting hit over the head with a blunt object. Usually an expression used in video games.

"He just domed you so bad."

Jon

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Young? Yes. Happenin'? I don't think so. :)
I know quite a bit of the "hip" lingo, but domed was a new one to me. After reading the description of the movie at the IMDB, I was going to guess it means killed, but Jon's definition is a little less disturbing, I guess, is a good word to use.

But thanks for thinking of me when looking for a "young happenin' dude." :)

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"but what happened to Lambert?"

He's just on a vacation from the Weekly Roundup due to work I believe. Something about a new computer system being put online. At least I think that's right.

Sounds like the 3 for 30 - Chris Farley and some David Spade please!! :D

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Anyone who likes film noir is well advised to check out Le Corbeau--it's considered a proto-noir and is very well done indeed.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me this week thank God but thanks Mike.
I need to start saving up because April and especially May are going to kill me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well, its a long story Dome (and, btw, have YOU ever heard of the expression to be "domed"? :D ). Its got something to do with my basement, duct tape, some flying monkeys, and his evil boss (I picture the pointy-haired guy from Dilbert).

Actually, he's just overwhelmed with work stuff right now. And "overwhelmed" might actually be an understatement the way he tells the tale. Hopefully, he's gonna be back soon. Right, Dave?!?! Soon?!?! :D

I wonder who keeps sending me these anonymous postcards from the Bahamas? :frowning:

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone seen the 2 for 25 signs at bestbuy in the DVD section? they list all the titles in small print that are 2 for $25 and at the very end they list acadamy award winners vol 1-3, Does this mean that they are 2 for 25$ too? If so that would be a great deal since they all include 3 movies each, Anyone try this out? Or seen the sign? I was going to ask someone but it was almost closing time.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me this week! Just wanted to stop by and heartily recommend Dummy...at least as a rental!

Thanks Mike!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Ya know, with all this and the fact I haven't gotten any new releases for the past few weeks either, I'm starting to think something's up. I wonder if Dave's stickin' me with all these lousy release weeks...and just when there's some blockbuster release comin' down the pike, he'll swoop right in and have all the fun! :D Probably just some male insecurity issues I'm having.... :b

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well I've got one or two dvds to buy each of the next few weeks, but March 16 has 5 for me, and April 6 I count 13! So hang in there. :)

Greg S

Supporting Actor

OUCH!!!

Don't let it get ya down Mike, afterall supposedly good things come in small packages .....

Later

Greg

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if it was just this particular store, or if it is a widespread thing, but my local Circuit City had about 20 full screen copies of Dickie Roberts and 0 widescreen copies. Just FYI.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, some of you oldtimers here in the RoundUp may remember a fellow I received an e-mail from today. His name is Dave Lambert. He used to put together this list in the '60s when we were all buying those 3" reels of 8mm film at our local Woolworth. I believe he used to list the occasional bargain on ViewMaster titles, too.

Anyway, Dave reports that at Costco this week, he picked up Little House: Season 4 for $29.79 and Roswell: Season 1 for $36.99

Dave adds:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks