What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-9-2008 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Since I am probably the only person in the US that DIDN'T see The Dark Knight in theaters, I'll pass on buying it and just rent instead. Since I hear that it comes out this week....

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
I knew about TDK and Lost but somehow Harry and Lloyd slipped under my radar. I sure home I get some cash for Christmas because I'm going to be flat out broke by then.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Not sure..although I thought I had hear something about Shifting Aspect ratios...nah heard nothing about it...

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
CVS Pharmacy is advertising TDK (single DVD) for $9.99 if you purchase a $15.00 iTunes giftcard. Hopefully it will be the OAR version as the $25.00 combined price is not bad for a gift. Of course, I'll get the more elaborate version for myself... :P

John Swarce

Second Unit
Cripes, ANOTHER movie about some guy running around in his underwear and cape? Was this any good? Did it make a lot of money?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Lost and TDK are both on my Xmas wish list this year, so I will have to wait to see them. I hope the wife has got the MAJOR hints I have given that I really like the CC Joker version!!
I would love to get the BD version of TDK, but I'm one of "those people" having issues with the changing aspect ratio. It's only because it doesn't work right with my 2.35:1 screen. So, it's SD 2 disc for me.

Sorry for shaking out my laundry here, Mike! :P

--John

Edit: Mike, please don't take any offense to the whole "guy running around in his underwear and cape" thing! We all know about your "Captain Tuesday" alter ego!

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Does "ANY" version also include Blu-ray? I ask because I'm not certain that the promo includes the BD version...not unless they have a different coupon for the BD; I have the actual coupon, and it just says that the discount is for the purchase of TDK "on DVD" (my emphasis). Note also that the coupon (again, at least on the one in my possession), has a different barcode on each side--one for widescreen, the other for full-screen. It'll be interesting to see if anyone is able to successfully redeem the coupon for the BD version...

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
No, you're not the only one. ;)

And here I was thinking the major release of the week would be the Murnau/Borzage box. (At least it is for me. :D)

And FWIW, Costco will have that boxset on sale next week for about $119.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
LOL...actually I did buy a pizza (actually, two--had some guests over...and no, I didn't buy pizza with the intent of getting a TDK coupon). :laugh:

But seriously--not to nitpick (cuz I'm hoping that it'll be accepted for the BD version) but the details (both on the website and on the coupon itself) both stated that it's for the DVD. Given that particular bit of detail, perhaps retailers will be just as technical as HTF folks and point out that "DVD" and "Blu-ray" aren't one and the same. ;)

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Just wanted to post some info on the CC exclusive 2-disc Dark Knight release for those interested since I picked it up today. The exclusive "Why so serious?" Joker slipcover is designed to hold both the 2-disc dvd case and the journal. The 2-disc case seems to be the same as the standard 2-disc release you can buy anywhere except it does not have the standard slipcover included with Batman riding the batpod. Also, in the back of the included leatherbound journal, there is a pocket in which I found the same Joker Playing Card that is advertised in the BB ad as an exclusive giveaway with any Dark Knight purchase. At least it looks the same as the one pictured in the BB ad. I haven't been to BB to check it out, so maybe their version is oversized or something; the one included in the journal is a standard size playing card. This was a nice surprise and wanted to let others know they wouldn't miss out on the playing card if they picked up the journal version at CC.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
FYE had a $7 mail-in rebate on the steelbook version, unfortunately they want you to carve out the UPC code. Thanks but no thanks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam: My understanding about the FYE rebates is you can use the UPC sticker on the outside of the cellophane wrapping for their rebates.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
This movie that came out this week...it's called The Dark Knight...did anyone notice the forums look alot like the characters in the movie? That's pretty cool!

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
I heard it was the History Channel doc BATMAN UNMASKED, which appears (with the other doc about Batman tech) on the Blu-ray.
I saw it on Hist Channel HD - it was pretty interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks