What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12/7/04 (2 Viewers)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I went to Target today to check out their $10 movies, and the two Harry Potter films that are $10 are for the fool screen versions only. They actually had a widescreen copy of Chamber of Secrets, and I took it to their little self-price checker thingy and it was $14.99. So once again, Target strikes with MAR vengeance! :thumbsdown:

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
... Got to get HTPC up and running

Must PVR "Reverse of the Curse." :D Don't forget if you order your Red Sox DVDs from MLB.com to pick up all the Yankee 2004 ALCS champ merchandise for the Yankee fans. ;)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen it mentioned here, but the "low price" on the Seinfeld sets at Target is $29.99 each this week.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
There's another unpublished DVD release "bargain."

Boston's Greatest Sports Stories: Beyond the Headlines delivers the inside scoop on more than 50 of Boston's greatest sports moments, including the amazing 2004 Red Sox World Series victory.

Almost 3 hours of Boston's greatest sports moments, including the 2004 Red Sox World Series victory, the Patriots' unforgettable Super Bowl seasons and the Celtics dynasty.

Exclusive behind-the-scenes stories and interviews with Boston Globe writers past and present, including Bob Ryan, Jackie MacMullan, Dan Shaughnessy, Leigh Montville and more.

Plus, loads of DVD extras!

http://globedvd.dvddirectsales.com/ (trailer and sales)

$19.99 - Boston Globe Direct Sales
$19.99 - Amazon.com

Jay*W

Second Unit
Many thanks, as always, Mike! A great week for animation fans.

Strictly as a point of information (since Wal-Mart and Sam's prices vary by store), Sam's in Atlanta (Clairmont Road) has the Walt Disney Treasure for $20.27 each. They also have Flintstones Season 2 and Top Cat for $28.62 each.

Jay

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

My local Costco had it for $43.49 (Arlington, VA)

I did recieve a 10% off coupon in the mail from Best Buy, so I'll probably pick it up there.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Several people have told me that the Boston's Greatest Sports Stories disc is fantastic. On the list it goes!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Picked up the three Disney Teasures sets at Costco and they rang up a little less than listed in the Round-Up. Actual prices for Costco store #390 were $20.49 each. Whatta deal!

On the flipside, 24 season three was a couple bucks more than listed in the round-up ($43.49 as pointed out by Nick above), although if you buy any previous season sets of Buffy or 24, they include a coupon on the outside of the longbox for $10 off of 24 season three.

Regards,

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
The WDT were $20.49 at my Costco as well. I checked two stores in San Antonio and neither had Pluto. But I picked up the other two Disney Treasures.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Not sure if this is at every store but at my Best Buy, the new M Criterion was priced on the sticker at $28.99.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Flintstones S2 can be had for $21.99 at Costco.com after $7 off coupon (which will be automatically deducted at online checkout--one could infer from this that one might not have to physically produce a coupon if buying it at a B&M Costco). I'll find out soon enough if that price holds true at my local B&M Costco...

Update--Costco B&M price is also $21.99 after $7 off coupon...

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor

thanks for the info on ER:S3, Mike. I'd seen it listed on DDD as being released today and was suprised to see it left off the Roundup. probably just as well that it's later, it'll free up some cash for other titles.:)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Re: Costco

The one here also has the $43.49 price for 24 Season 3. :thumbsdown:

Andrea, the Costco at 1604 and 281 does have Pluto, but it's in a box behind and underneath the others. However, while the two other sets are $20.49, the Pluto is ticketed at $21.99.

Also, MASH season 7 at Costco was $24.79

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I have Testament on order with DVD Empire. It was indeed released this week and is in stock (my order is waiting for some 12/14 titles to ship, or I imagine I would have it already). I usually pre-order lower-profile catalog titles like this from the online merchants, as the B&Ms have become quite spotty about getting them in.

For those who are not familiar with it, Testament is a quiet little film from 1983 about the aftermath of a nuclear exchange between the US and an unnamed adversary, and its effects on an average middle-class family. It has no special effects, and makes no overt political statements, and is much more effective because of this. It is far superior (IMO) to the much-ballyhooed The Day After. Jane Alexander received Oscar & Golden Globe nominations for her performance as the mother of the family. Highly recommended.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

When I see something like this I like to think they're clearing out overstock because so few people bought the fool screen versions to begin with!!

Well, I can dream, can't I?? ;)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
December is a ravaging month. Complete Pluto, Mickey in B&W, Wild at Heart and Hell's Angels picked up yesterday plus need to find a good deal on the Buster Keaton set. And next week it just gets worse....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks