What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12/7/04 (2 Viewers)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I guess my reference was too oblique. There's a "Peter Lorre" type character named "Rocky Rococo" in Nick Danger, and he says those lines I posted.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
The Simon & Garfunkel dvd is $14.99 at BestBuy.comhttp://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....5&type=product . They don't have the deluxe cd & dvd listed which is $26.49 at amazon. I was hoping to use my Seinfeld digital coupon for it...

Hmm... Maybe this is it.http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....9&type=product for $29.99
cause they also have Old Friends listed at $19.99 for the cd only.

It was a great show when I saw it in Chicago. The dvd has a few more songs than the cd set, particularly it has the Everly Brothers mini set (minus "Let It Be Me"). The cd has 1 unreleased studio song.

Anyone want to STL on the cd&dvd pkg? send me email and I'll place an order on Tues.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike for all of your hard work.

Patrick - A big thanks too you for the weekly detailed listing of all DVD sales from the B&M's. It's nice to be able to refer to this list in one location rather than having to flip through the various ads.

Fry's has Bourne Supremacy for $13.99 - ONE DAY ONLY (12/07/04) and Limit 1 per customer.

I'm picking up Bourne Supremacy and Dodgeball this week. If my daughters find out about this week's releases I'll be picking-up Kim Possible and Raven as well.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Last great week for me before December 28th. Wild at Heart and Testament are my must-have releases this week, while I'll be picking up 24 season 3 and Dodgeball over the weekend or next week.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
What happened? You're missing the major release this week!!

Faith Rewarded: The Historic Season of the 2004 Boston Red Sox
:D

$11.97 @ DeepDiscountDVD (Amazon keeps changing the release date on their site, but it's out now)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

At Costco? And how about for people without "connections" or who don't shop at stores that break the street date? (Edit: see below, no street date had been broken)

So, is the Costco Price $39.99 or $29.99 is there a typo in one of the posts (Mike Frezon: post#1 or John Berggren: post#23) I'm getting 24 and Matrix for sure and would like to plan my trip.(Edit: see below, no typo in either post)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Umm, 24 Season 3 was available for pre-order for $27.99 in a 3-day window right after Thanksgiving online at the Costco.com website. This isn't about breaking street date.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Oh, I missed that offer (I didn't pay much attention to Black Friday sales plus I had to work that day)

"I got mine" sounds like he got it before tomorrow :rolleyes

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
HERE'S where I got my CostCo info on 24: Season 3.

Betcha it'll be cheaper in-store (even though I've never been inside a CostCo). :frowning:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:eek: I've been eagerly awaiting this title...and didn't realize it was available already! I've read that its better than the official MLB release on the 2004 World Series. I watched the entire MLB release last weekend (its about 90 minutes) and thought it was terrific. So, if this one's even better......

[C]
_____________TITLE___________ _ _Amazon _ BestBuy _ CrcCity _ Target_ _ Costco_
Faith Rewarded___________ _ $13.99 __ $18.99 __ $17.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
[/c]

Joseph: Have you seen Still, We Believe? I've been planning on picking that one up, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I've also heard that they are planning on adding a new ending on to HBOs Curse of the Bambino. But, i thought that Still, We Believe film had some promise.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For those who picked up a Fox TV season set at Costco during Black Friday/weekend, there is that $10 coupon on the box for 24 Season 3 too. Perhaps that is how that set becomes $29.99, after coupon.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the info, but it looks like Coconuts made a mistake and included the picture of the upcoming special edition in their ad. This is the cover pictured in their flyer:
which DVDPriceSearch lists as the cover for the upcoming 2-Disc Deluxe Edition. Further, Coconuts' caption underneath the cover reads "The Professional Special Edition/Columbia-Tristar." So technically, if anyone wanted to try it, they should honor a pre-order for that one for $7.99 (unless they have a correction notice posted in stores).

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
quote:
Leon the Professional Special Edition (lowest online price, shipped, is $19.50(!) according to DVD Price Search) (specifies SE, likely not same price for Superbit)

quote:
Leon and The Proffesional are 2 different DVD's. The Professional is the cheaper one. Leon is available as an uncut international edition & a Superbit. There is a new SE coming in January that has an MSRP of $20. That's the one to get.

Actually, it is "Leon the Professional" Special Edition that is featured in the Coconuts flyer. However, since this is not due out til January 11th, I assume they mean the standard release of "The Professional". The prospect of getting the new 2 disc special edition for under 8 bucks got me excited as well, until I confirmed the release date. Oh well... unfortunate typo.

Jimmy

whoops! Scott beat me to the punch!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Craig: No ER: Season 3 on the immediate horizon. 12/7 was a rumored date. It is believed it will come sometime in early '05....according to our very good friends at TVShowsonDVD.com!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Not yet, I'm waiting for a HTPC part before putting back together my HT rack. It's here and waiting. Still haven't gotten the MLB title shipped, but I hear nothing but great things from NESN's disc. I've heard mixed reviews on "Still, We Believe", but I figured it was worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks