What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-4-2012 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've had Finding Nemo 3D on pre-order from Amazon for months (literally...the order went in on June 6). The price is now $27.99, which should be price matched since it has not shipped yet. And there was an $8 digital coupon at the time, which theoretically brings the price down to $19.99.

Oh yeah, some little movie about Batman and Next Gen S2 are must haves for me this week. This is getting expensive...

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Looks like Walmart is still taking orders for "The Dark Knight Rises: Limited Edition Bat Cowl ". Just ordered mine, and will arrive on 12/10/12

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Stupid question (because I should probably know this by now):

Can the Disney manufacturer's coupons be used on Amazon?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
no. although there are some people that have harassed the phone reps over there enough so they get the discount anyway.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Mike, my review of Star Trek: The Next Generation Season Two on Blu-ray can be found here. And Matt's review of Brazil can be found here.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Neil Middlemiss /t/325674/weekly-roundup-12-4-2012#post_4008635
Mike, my review of Star Trek: The Next Generation Season Two on Blu-ray can be found here. And Matt's review of Brazil can be found here.

And now there are links in the OP. Thanks, Neil (and Matt).

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Renting Dark Knight and (hopefully) V/H/S. REALLY keeping my fingers crossed that SOMEONE has Purple Noon as a rental...The Talented Mr. Ripley was a great movie and the book was outstanding!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Chas in CT said:
Stupid question (because I should probably know this by now):
Can the Disney manufacturer's coupons be used on Amazon?
Directly no, but like Tony said there are definitely CSR who are pretty liberal with those discounts.
Probably Nemo 5 disc at TRU -- already have $5 deposit from the preordering buying Brave plus the $20 for $10 groupon, plus the DMR coupons so my net cost should
be less than $15. Would love to be able to get the B1G1 40% off with Tigger and use the other DMR coupon with it, but I have yet to see a TRU with Tigger in stock.
Maybe Timothy Green would be a good alternative if TRU carries it at a decent starting price.
Brazil already ordered and likely will get Purple Noon at the BN 40% off sale in a week or two.
Batman for sure plus Catch Me IF You Can.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /t/325674/weekly-roundup-12-4-2012#post_4008278

--Target also has an $8 savings if you buy BOTH Finding Nemo AND one other selected Disney movie on Blu-ray.

This would definitely be the best value for me for both Nemo 3D and Up 3D. Unfortunately I don't see Up 3D listed anywhere on Target's website. I wonder if it will even be worth my wile to drive there and check tomorrow.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This doesn't answer your issue, Jeff...but I'd be mighty surprised if Target doesn't have Up 3-D on their shelves tomorrow.

Of course my opinion and a nickel are almost worth a total of five cents...

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /t/325674/weekly-roundup-12-4-2012/30#post_4008861
This doesn't answer your issue, Jeff...but I'd be mighty surprised if Target doesn't have Up 3-D on their shelves tomorrow.

Of course my opinion and a nickel are almost worth a total of five cents...
Yeah, the only thing that worries me is that they neglected to carry MiB3 3D. So I'm not getting my hopes up....

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Jeff Cooper said:
Yeah, the only thing that worries me is that they neglected to carry MiB3 3D.  So I'm not getting my hopes up....
Weird, mine didn't get any either.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/325674/weekly-roundup-12-4-2012/30#post_4009034
I did get the review up a day before street date for Beasts of the Southern Wild. It can be found here.
Thanks, Matt. It's in the OP!

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Anyone know Target's price on Up (3D) -- and whether it's in the stores? Based on their Nemo price, plus their $8 off deal for buying both, plus Disney's $5 coupon... it would seem this is the way to go.

I'll try to stop in there myself later.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I just confirmed with Amazon Finding Nemo 3D is on the way for $19.99 plus a little tax. That makes me very excited.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Originally Posted by Jason_V /t/325674/weekly-roundup-12-4-2012/30#post_4009223
I just confirmed with Amazon Finding Nemo 3D is on the way for $19.99 plus a little tax. That makes me very excited.

I guess I missed something! When did it go to that price?? This is the 5-disc set?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Chas in CT /t/325674/weekly-roundup-12-4-2012/30#post_4009227

I guess I missed something! When did it go to that price?? This is the 5-disc set?

WAY back when, there was an $8 digital coupon on Amazon. I pre-ordered at the price then.

Amazon has also price matched the $27.99 price and taken the $8 off $27.99. $19.99. No shipping with Prime, only a little tax.

This afternoon I'm off to get Dark Knight Rises and TNG S2 using $15 in RZ coupons. Plus all my Black Friday week stuff should show up today...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks