What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-25-2012 AND 1-1-13 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Merry Christmas Mike and fellow HTFers! Enjoy your holidays and your time off! Have a happy and healthy 2013!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Wishing y'all a very merry Christmas and wonderful glad tidings, Mike and all!
And may the fullness of God's joy and peace be w/ y'all...
_Man_

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Adam Lenhardt said:
I feel the same way. It's a title I'm definitely going to own, but it definitely one I'm willing to wait for the right price for. The second season came out on Blu less than a year ago, and it's already down below $20 on Amazon, so the price will come down in the months to come.
I was reading over at another forum that Best Buy's price on season 3 of Justified on Blu-ray will be $34.99. That still seems a bit high to me but I just might bite at that price. The same source listed Looper for $19.99 at Best Buy next week.

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
I don't post in this thread that often, or in any thread for that matter, but I just wanted to thank you Mike for putting this together each week. It's really appreciated!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Todd Stout said:
Wow... I really want season 3 of Justified on Blu-ray but $44.99 is too much. $59.99 at Best Buy is ridiculous. I picked up season 2 about this time last year and it was much cheaper on release day. If I am not mistaken, the Blu-ray set was $24.99 and it was $19.99 on DVD. I bought one of each... one for me and one for my dad.
I agree. Season 3 has a much higher retail price than either seasons 1 or 2, which I think accounts for the difference in price this time. However, it is still a 13-episode season same as before, so I don't quite understand why they've decided to list it higher. I do not get the FX channel in my dorm, and they don't post episodes to Hulu until a few weeks after airdate, so every year I buy the season on iTunes in order to watch it when the episodes are new, and then delete those episodes off of my hard drive when the Blu-ray rolls around. However, this price is just too high. I'll keep my iTunes downloads for the time being and wait to see if the Blu-ray set receives a price drop later. For the same $24.99 price that I paid for the first two seasons, I would be perfectly happy to buy the Blu, but doubling the price when the seaosn is the same length is just greedy.
I also really loved Looper, so will get that sooner or later, but I'm out of money now from the holidays so I'll get tahat after a price drop, too.
Thanks for the Roundup!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks for nine years of the RoundUp, Mike! And, here's to nine more! :D
I didn't notice it in their flyer, but Best Buy has nearly all of the animated DC Blu's on sale for $7.99 or less. Also a Looney Tunes or two. This may be a good time to fill in some of the holes in your library, if like me, you collect these things.
Happy New Year HTF'ers!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike for everything. Expected Upgrade and Save at Best Buy to start on 1/13 and run through 2/2. Time to find the old, creaking, or just plain dusty discs to trade in. DVD2 Blu.com has added some new discs to their trade in program finally. A few nice additions and many decent discs for $5 and you only need the discs and not the cases and artwork for this program though much more limited selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks