What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-20-2005 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

But, why Target?????? Just in case, I'll be at Target on Tuesday morning, but I think the advertising of these two dvd releases is nothing more than a mistake. I hope I'm wrong because watching 3 Godfathers on Christmas morning has been a tradition for me so if I don't have this dvd then I'll just have to watch the dvd I recorded off TCM.

Crawdaddy

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Fortunately, it's a slow week. I'll be picking up:

Serenity

I thought Firefly was pretty good but I'll never understand why the series is as popular as it is. Nevertheless, I thought it was good enough that I want to see the movie. :)

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
Just Serenity this week for me. We'll rent Brothers Grimm first.
What's Razzle-Dazzle about Chicago this week?

Thanks for all the hard work, Mike!

Hey Julio, fancy meeting you here. ;)

-Joe

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
BSG 2.0 (which, coincidentally, was on the shelf last night in mass quantities at a very large retailer)
Maybe Chicago
Maybe Serenity

If I didn't have such a backlog of things to watch, I might have considered more.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, Joe! Yeah, I've been lurking here for some time, but started posting when I was researching my TV on DVD article.

I'm in the same boat as you on "The Brothers Grimm." And I already have the previous "Chicago" release, and am not such a big fan that I feel I should upgrade.

According to Amazon, it looks like the new edition deletes the original's "Behind the Scenes Special" but retains its commentaries and deleted musical number "Class." The additions are:

From Stage to Screen: The History of Chicago
Extended Musical Performances
Chita Rivera's Encore
An Intimate Look at Director Rob Marshall
When Liza Minnelli became Roxie Hart
VH1 Behind the Movie

I dunno, if I could get $10 or so for my existing copy, then maybe I'd upgrade, but considering I bought it used at Blockbuster to begin with...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the roundup, nothing for me this week, but that just gives me a chance to finish my christmas shopping.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
If anyone picks up MOGAMBO could you let us know if the original film RED DUST is included as an extra? I want to pick these up but not if they're going to be part of an upcoming box set.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Patrick: I pre-ordered Serenity must have been almost a couple months ago...at the time amazon.com *did* have a Serenity/Firefly bundle, only about $5 off the individual prices...maybe will have again, talk about an obvious combo.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Odd. I didn't recieve an ad from Walmart for this week. Any good bargains to speak of? I was really hoping someone would drop the goddamn price on Blade Trinity. I picked up the 2 disc Blade II at Cirtcuit City yesterday for $9.99 (because someone was nice enough to mistag them as the single disc), and I got the first Blade at Walmart for $5.50. :)

I sort of wish someone would've reduced Alien Quadrilogy for xmas too.

BTW, am I the only one pissed off that the theatrical versions of Lethal Weapon were $3.44 at Walmart on black friday but the Director's Cuts (set or seperate) haven't been reduced? Actually, I haven't even seen them for sale at any of my local stores, which is worse! :frowning:

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham

Well Robert, why not? Target has enough stores and a wide enough distribution that they can pressure Warners for an exclusive. Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Picked up the "Ghostbusters" set at BB, and "Serenity" will be under the tree...or had better be lest we have a King Kong-style rampage 'round the tree on Christmas morning. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just noticed on the ol' index page that today is Patrick Sun's birthday!

Woohoo! Many happy returns, Patrick!

Hope you had a great day!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike. It's now over, though. I spent some of it shopping for toy gifts for a nephew (already got him volume 1 and 2 of Star Wars Clone Wars, but now he's into Legos and Harry Potter), and I was utterly flummoxed by the amount of stuff out there for kids nowadays, but I digress...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Ok folks, regarding the Mogambo/3 Godfathers DVDs at Target:

They are just like any standard release, with nothing that distiguishes them as an exclusive. Both include ONLY the theatrical trailer/closed captions/Spanish (and I think French) subtitles. Not sure why Target chose these titles specifically, but these are the third and fourth exclusive titles released by them in the past four weeks. Unfortunately I only found out about the titles last Tuesday. I will post info for other titles that I hear about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks