What's new

Weekly Roundup 12/2 (In the Roundup, noone can hear you scream!) (1 Viewer)

Jodee

Screenwriter
I just got home from Best Buy. I price-matched Ben Stiller with my Target ad. Not only that, but I had a $5 reward zone certificate, so I got Ben Stiller for $10!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I only found Hot Wheels ($13.20) and Alien Quad. ($66.98) at Wal-Mart; the other stuff I expected to buy there hadn't arrived. Oh, PotC was there, but I'm getting that at Costco after work (using my Costco-only $5-off coupon).

I guess I'll also get Alias Season 2 at Costco, where it costs $37.99 per the phone call I just made.

I'll also have to swing into Best Buy and see if they have Young Sherlock Holmes, Hud, and/or the newest DragonTales. If they do have these, I'll probably have them save 'em for me to buy on the weekend, since I have preferred customer coupons in hand good for 10% off up to 3 titles.

The missus stopped by Target for me on the way into work, and succesfully aquired Ben Stiller and The Little Polar Bear, each for $14.99. She says PotC was $14.99 as well, but we're getting it for $13.79 at Costco using that coupon, so she held off.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I don't know about other Costcos, but my local Costco has AQ tagged at $61.99 (just confirmed by my wife who called me from Costco just a few minutes ago)--$3 less than what was (originally) listed in the Roundup! Still not cheaper than the DDD coupon price but if the Costco price is valid for all Costcos and you want it now, it can't be beat!

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
TonyTone,
My local Costco also had Alien Quadrilogy for $61.99. Also noteworthy is ALIAS Season 2 which is only $37.99. Add the $10 rebate, and ALIAS is only $27.99.
Both prices are the cheapest among the B&M's that I could find.

One more thing, if anyone is still interested in X2: United, there's a Costco $6.00 rebate (can be easily submited online), bringing their price down to $12.39. If you purchased any of the previous FOX titles with the $5 coupon, then X2 comes to $7.39.

Happy hunting!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for reminding me of the $6 rebate on X2 from Costco. It had totally slipped my mind until now. I just got through with the online rebate submission. Here in GA, Costco also had the Alien Quadrilogy fo $61.99.

Christopher D

Second Unit
Yep, $61.99 at my Costco as well. I was planning to do DDD for that, but with the low prices on Alias and DS9 (which I went there to get) it was definitely worth the extra $3 to have it immediately and with no risk of damage in shipping.

Costco came through in a big way today! (Who was it that was saying that Costco really wasn't worth it?)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For those interested:

BJs Wholesale Club is carrying PotC for:

$18.99 minus a $4 instant rebate (this week only) for a floor total of $14.99.

Minus the $3 BJs-only coupon for PotC that was found on the cardboard longbox BJs had for Finding Nemo, my grand total was $11.99! :D Score!

Plus, the cardboard longbox that PotC is in at BJs includes a bonus Junior Novelization of PotC: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Picked up my preorders today at suncoast for the alien quad, and pirates.I was lucky enough to open the set and not find any loose discs !:D :emoji_thumbsup: I said that because i heard other people getting the set had that problem. My local suncoast also had an offer if you buy pirates, you get 6 dollars off any dvd 14.99 or more , so i got friday the 13th part 3 for 8.99 !:D Also got at best buy using mcdonalds bucks, xmas vacation for 9.99 , and dream a little dream for 8.99 .:) Great week !:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I too found AQ for $61.99, so yeah that's purchased and the Wal-Mart copy goes back. It was worth it to go credit card for just a $2 difference, but moving it to a $5 diff tips the scales for me. It's easy enough to do a Wal-Mart return, so oh, well!

Also found at Costco:

$37.99 Alias S2, as I mentioned a long time ago.
$84.99 Star Trek: DS9 - S7 (as expected, but not bought by me)
$12.80 Hot Wheels
$12.99 Young Sherlock Holmes
$12.99 Hud
$12.99 The Great Gatsby (Redford/Farrow)
$12.99 That Was Then, This Is Now
$18.79 Pirate of the Caribbean JUNIOR NOVELIZATION INLCUDED! (other BV items containing the $5-off coupon for PotC were merchandised next to it: Recruit, Sweet Home Alabama, Bringing Down The House, The Santa Clause (1), etc.; $17.99 each)...this is like a 2-for $31.78 deal (or equivilent to $15.89 per title).

Gamecube owner might want to know that Mario Kart Double Dash is $44.99 at Costco.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Picked up Alias and Stiller at Target. There will inevitably be about 5000 used copies of PoTC for $10 at Hollywood in about 3-4 weeks.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
did anyone find a rebate in their season 2 alias set? I read on another forum about a ten dollar mail in rebate with the purchase of both.
here
My set from best buy had no rebate :thumbsdown:

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I got PotC for $9.99 with target PM and $5 cert at BB also got to live and die in l.a. for $7.99 with CC PM and $5 cert (rewards program) then when I got back I had 2 more certs in the mail box.

Held off on Alien Quad although the Costco price is tempting. If the GF does not get it for me for christmas then I will maybe get the individual releses in Jan. I can live withiut the ninth disc.

Later, Randy B A

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Martin, where did you get your alias? My first keepcase only has an ad for the video game and an ad for the alias magazine!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Wow! They're offering an instant rebate PLUS the $3 coupon? I figured there'd be no rebate since the coupons were available.

BJ's is kickin' ass among the warehouses recently on DVD prices. :emoji_thumbsup: I know where I'm going this weekend! And I have *four* POTC coupons....:D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Fu#@ing Snow!

Well, I wasn't able to get to BJ's today thanks to our 1 to 3 inch snowstorm that ended up being 16 to 20 inches, so all the coupons and rebates have gone to waste.

Fuc#in' weathermen! :angry:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
When you can reach the store again because the snow melts, then maybe a discussion with the manager will get you a repreive?...

It doesn't hurt to ask!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm with Dave! I'd call 'em today if there's still time. Let 'em know your situation. They should take care of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks