What's new

Weekly Roundup 12-19-2006 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
For people who don't mind going the online route for the Treasures, you can get them in groups of 2 for ~$18/ea. at DVD Planet using the Google Checkout $10 off $30 promo. That's where I ordered my 2.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Scott: I might just do that...although I think I only want three of the four Treasures. Can you give me a quick breakdown on what I should be sure to look out for? Is there free shipping? I've never ordered from DVD Planet before. I HAVE already used the Google checkout thing before.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the Weekly RoundUp Mike & Patrick - especially during the busy holiday season.

I picked-up Invincible and Little Miss Sunshine. I really wanted to pick-up My Super Ex-Girlfriend (blind buy), but I don't want to drop $20 on it.

I also picked-up Return of the Thundering Herd: The Story That Inspired We Are Marshall for $9.96 (at an undisclosed B&M). This was a blind buy and I picked it up primarily because it contains a movie pass (Hollywood Movie Money) valued up to $10.50 to see We Are Marshall. What's interesting about this title is that most sites list this as a release for 01-23-2007:

DVD Price Search

Amazon

Buy.com

However, WalMart.com has it available now:

WalMart.com
IN STOCK
Usually takes 24 to 48 hours to process.

Is it possible that WalMart.com has an exclusive early release on this? And maybe the We Are Marshall movie pass (Hollywood Movie Money) is an exclusive for them as well.

The movie pass offer expires 01/31/07 so a 01/23/07 release date would allow only a very small window to use this offer.

Anyway, here's a scan of the cover - with the movie pass offer sticker:

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mike, DVDPlanet has free shipping on all orders $25+ (just be sure to select it because it's not the default option), so your order will qualify. When you're at your shopping cart, click the Google Checkout link, sign in to your Google account, and the rest should be the same as other GC sites. If you order all 3, it works out to $19.72/ea., which isn't bad either.

BTW DVDPlanet is the former Digital Eyes (which I've mentioned in previous Roundups) so if you ever ordered there, it's the same site.

James D

Second Unit
The $10 off instant rebate for The Simpsons Season 9 at Costco is a YMMV. I've read that some Costco locations are not taking the $10 off at the register, so bear this in mind before heading on over to Costco.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scott: T'anks for the info!

Jeff: Wal-Mart has a temporary exclusive on that Marshall title and a number of other ESPN releases--high school hoops, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks